The Intel Single Port PCIe 10 Gb XF Server Adapter from Rorke Data offers efficient distribution of Ethernet workloads across CPU cores. Load balancing of interrupts using MSI-X enables efficient response time and application performance. Moreover, CPU utilization is lowered through stateless offloads such as TCP segmentation offload, header replication/splitting and Direct Cache Access (DCA).
XF Server Adapters are optimized for virtualized environment, supporting multiple queues and eliminating I/O bottlenecks between virtual machines. Virtual Machine Device queue (VMDq) technology offloads data sorting and data copying from Virtual Machine Monitor (VMM) software layer to the hardware, improving throughput and CPU utilization on virtualized servers.
The eight-lane PCIe enables maximum bandwidth for fast and efficient data transfer. The adapter conserves PCIe server slots while adding 10 Gb Ethernet capability. The I/O bandwidth of PCIe ensures priority performance on each port and low-profile design improves server throughput & rack density at the same time. Fast and reliable networked storage is achieved via native iSCSI support with Microsoft, Linux and VMware OS as well as support for iSCSI remote boot.
The 10 Gb XF Server adapters are designed to meet the throughput and latency requirements of bandwidth-hungry applications. It is ideal for slot-constrained environments and is a simplified alternative to multiple 1 Gb/s server adapters.
- Intel 82598EB 10 Gb Ethernet Controller
- XF Server Adapters feature industry-leading energy efficient design for next-generation performance and multi-core processor
- Low Profile
- Its low-profile design enables higher bandwidth and throughput from standard, low-profile PCIe slots & servers
- Load Balancing on Multiple CPUs
- This is achieved when used with Receive-Side Scaling from Microsoft or Scalable I/O on Linux
- Intel I/O Acceleration Technology (I/OAT)
- This technology accelerates I/O with higher throughput and lower CPU utilization by offloading processing overhead
- iSCSI Remote Boot Support
- This feature provides centralized storage area network (SAN) management at a lower cost
- MSI-X Support
- With MSI-X support, this adapter minimizes the overhead of interrupts and allows load balancing of interrupt handling between different cores/CPUs
- Virtual Machines Device queue (VMDq)
This technology allows efficient routing of packets to the correct target machine in a virtual environment using multiple hardware queues
It also ensures transmit fairness & prevents head-of-line blocking
- Optimized Queue: 32 Transmit (Tx) & 64 Receive (Rx) Per Port
Network packet handling is done without waiting or buffer overflow
Efficient packet prioritization
- Compatible with x4, x8, x16 Standard & Low-Profile PCIe Slots
- The adapter allows dual-port operation in almost any PCIe server slot, except x1 slots. It also allows each PCIe slot ports to operate without interfering with the other
- Remote Management and Network Operating Systems (NOS) Support
- It reduces support cost with remote management based on industry-wide standards and enables widespread deployment
- 10GBASE-SR on Dual-Mode Fiber
- Ensures compatibility with fiber optic cable lengths up to 984.2' (300 m)
- Intel PROSet Utility for Windows Device Manager
- This feature provides point and click power over individual adapters, advanced adapter features, connection teaming and Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN) configuration
- RoHS Compliant Lead-Free Technology
- The adapter is compliant with European Union Directive to reduce the use of hazardous material