The black Shape Shifter with a gray and blue interior from Think Tank starts off as a compact 3" thick laptop case but can quickly expand to hold two DSLRs and three lenses - in addition to your laptop. This bag is unique in that it doesn't look like a camera backpack yet it holds enough to get you through the most demanding of gigs. The beauty of the pack is that it can expand or contract to accommodate whatever gear you are carrying that day.
It features built-in neoprene dividers that keep your gear separated and safe from rubbing against each other. Your 17" laptop is held in its own separate, padded compartment. It also contains organizer pockets for support gear as well as interior mesh pockets for smaller stuff like memory cards, batteries and cleaning cloths. It comes with two tripod straps that hold your pod in the bottom front pocket.
The waist belt is removable and the liner on the back is breathable for added comfort. In addition to the contoured harness, there's a sternum that will provide added balance while running to get that special shot. The pack's D-Rings can be used to secure quick access items. For even more capacity, the Shape Shifter accepts the optional Think Tank Pro Speed Belt, Modular and Skin on which you can hang additional pouches. Access to your gear is via strong YKK zippers that will accept a user-supplied lock.
For the outside shooter, there's a removable rain cover that can be rapidly deployed during rain or snow. As a final touch, the Shape Shifter will accept Think Tank's Camera Support Strap for holding your DSLR in the front. All this is backed by Think Tank's lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defects.
- Carry monopods and tripods in the bottom front pocket
- Air flow system on back for breathability; keeps your back cool while walking
- Pro Speed Belt (sold separately) can be attached
- Contoured harness for men and women with air channel
- Holds a full assortment of photo gear and laptops up to 17.0"
- Compresses to 3.0" (7.6 cm) in depth when gear is removed
- Neoprene pockets for cameras and lenses
- Two DSLRs, 3-4 lenses and laptops up to 17"
- Carry-On Form Factor
- FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0" (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 39.5" (100.3 cm)