The black Airport AirStream Rolling Camera Bag from Think Tank is a compact but spacious bag for the traveling photographer. It holds more than its share of gear such as two DSLRs, 3 lenses and two flashes. One lens can be up to 400mm. The bag is also capable of accommodating your 15" laptop. That's enough to get you through most gigs.
One of the most interesting features of this bag is the included TSA (Transportation Security Administration) combination lock that closes the main zipper. A cable and lock are also provided for securing an optional laptop case to the front of the bag. There's also a second cable and lock that is found on the back of the bag that is used to bind the bag to a solid object such as a table, column at a reception hall or any other heavy object. This prevents anyone from walking way with your bag should you put it down while shooting your job.
Another innovation from Think Tank is the security ID plate that's included with every bag. By registering the number on the plate with Think Tank, the bag can be returned to you should it be lost. That's a very useful security feature and should bring some peace of mind to you while traveling.
The bag is carried on its dual wheels that are user-replaceable with a kit supplied by Think Tank when requested. The wheels, themselves, are located on the outside edge of the bag to add stability, and, they feature high housings that protect them when going up stairs or navigating down city streets and curbs.
Accessories can be stored in the front pocket that is large enough for pens, pads wallets or CDs. An additional front stretch pocket is perfect for that newspaper or other paperwork that you need quick access to. A business card holder is also provided that holds a stack of cards and eliminates the need to open the entire bag if you need to give out your card.
Options include a Low Divider set for placing a 15" laptop or optional Cable Management 50 on top of your photo gear. Think Tank's Artificial Intelligence 15 is also an optional laptop case that can be slid into the front pocket. By using the laptop case, you'll have less trouble accessing it while traveling or going through any kind of security checkpoint.
For a final touch, a zippered pocket under the handle is designed for your passport or other ID that you need to produce in a hurry. All of this is packed into a small bag that weighs no more than 10.5 lb (4.8 kg) and that is backed by Think Tank's lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defects.
- Supplied TSA (Transportation Security Administration) combination lock secures the main zipper
- The front security cable and combination lock allows you to lock a laptop case to the front of your roller. This lock is very effective when you are traveling with a laptop case stored in the front stretch pocket
- The rear security cable and combination lock allows you to lock the bag to immovable objects. This security cable is very effective when you have to leave your gear for a period of time in a media room, wedding hall, hotel room, or other open area
- The security ID plate may allow your lost or stolen bag to be returned. Before using your bag, register the bag's unique serial number on Think Tank's website
- An optional Artificial Intelligence 15 laptop case slide into front pocket. The advantage is that the roller looks smaller, even when the laptop case is inside the pocket. If for some reason you need to weigh the bag, you can remove the laptop case, making the roller lighter and smaller. Also, when you get to your seat on the plane, you can pull out the laptop case and put it on your seat before putting the roller in the overhead bin
- An optional Low Divider set lets a 15" laptop or an optional Cable Management 50 lay on top of the photo gear
- The bag comes with replaceable wheels and protective wheel housings. If you wear out the wheels, Think Tank provides a free kit so that you can replace the wheels. The wheels being located on the very outside of the bag makes it very stable when rolled. The wheel housings are extra high to protect your case when going up curbs and stairs
- The zippered front pocket can be used for storing items like pens, pencils, card wallets, CDs, notepads, and more
- The front stretch pocket is an excellent quick access pocket to get to newspapers, paperwork and other items
- For easy identification, a business card holder is located directly under the handle. It holds quite a few cards. There is also a zippered pocket under the handle that can hold your passport and other items
- Carry-On Form Factor
- FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0" (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 39.5" (100.3 cm)