The SYSTEM ONE Follow-Focus Master Kit for Nikon D7000 (No Grip) from iDC Photo Video is a tripod-based gearless follow-focus and support system designed for a Nikon D7000. All the tools you need for a fully functioning follow-focus rig are included: dedicated camera plate, two follow-focus wheel assemblies, four UniRails, two lens braces to support long lenses, three sliding risers for the follow-focus wheel or lens brace, plus all the hardware you need.
This dedicated system is specifically fitted for a D7000, and features perfect primary balance, a very low center-of-gravity, great adjustability, and minimal mass. No quick-release plate is required--the UniRails can be longitudinally positioned for perfect primary balance with any camera, lens and accessory configuration.
The gearless direct-drive focusing wheel is machined from industrial plastic bearing material and has a soft high-tech O-ring for positive rubber-on-rubber operation. The iDC UniRail features a double-dovetail design. For the lowest possible center-of-gravity, the UniRail's lower dovetail is Gitzo-, Bogen-, and Manfrotto-compatible for direct mounting into their quick-release clamps.
This kit also features a centralized QR Base Pad that offers both 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threaded bosses to fit any fluid head. Four UniRails are supplied with this kit: 6", 9", 12", and 16". This simple and efficient follow-focus system is a finely-tailored, elegant HD filmmaking platform that can be easily upgraded with a wide variety of superb iDC accessories. And, it's made in the USA.
- This gearless system offers economy, super-fast lens swaps, and smooth and accurate focus acquisition.
- The Focusing Wheel accepts 1/2" white graphic tape for focusing marks.
- The Focusing Wheel's square-drive is industry standard and accepts any Arri-style follow-focus Whip or Crank.
- The direct-drive Focusing Wheel features an economical and user-replaceable O-ring. These O-rings are very tough, but if your dog chews one up it's a snap to replace.
- Accepts a variety of LCD loupes including the iDC quick-release-adapted Hoodman HoodLoupe 3.0, the Zacuto Z-Finder Pro, LCDVF, and other direct-to-LCD-mount-style viewfinders.
- Accepts the Zacuto Z-Finder Pro (not included) when the Z-Finder is equipped with a Zacuto Mounting Frame SKU #Z-MFS (not included). The iDC Camera plate replaces the Zacuto Gorilla Plate in this instance.
- The UniRail is Gitzo and Manfrotto fluid head "friendly" and fits directly into the QR clamp of the following tripods: Manfrotto 501, 503, 504, 519, 701, MH055M8-Q5, and Gitzo 1380, 2180, and 2380.
- Instant and painless placement of the iDC Focusing Wheel Assembly to work with a broad spectrum of still camera lenses.
- The underside of all UniRails features a reinforced pad threaded for both 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 fasteners. All UniRails will accept any fluid head's Quick-Release Plate.
- All foundation components are CNC-milled from aircraft-grade aluminum, finished with soft edges, and hard-anodized in Satin Black for sleek looks and tactile pleasure. Grip Handles are machined from high-tech Acetel plastic and finely checkered for a sure grip.
- Designed for maximum parts interchangeability with iDC's handheld SYSTEM ZERO product line.
- May be mounted to any camera support system that attaches by way of either 1/4"-20 or 3/8"-16 fasteners. This includes everything currently made for the photographic or motion picture industry.
- May be mounted to any quick-release adapter plate by way of either 1/4"-20 or 3/8"-16 fasteners.
- Compatible with the iDC Quick-Release U-Boat, an excellent and robust Accessory Cage.
- Camera-specific Camera Plate offers pin- or contour-based registration for accurate fit.
- Additional camera-specific Camera Plates are the only parts required to adapt multiple camera bodies to SYSTEM ONE.