The LSI Logic SAS 9200-8e Host Bus Adapter from Rorke Data provides high performance connectivity for external JBOD and external RAID enclosures. The 9200-8e provides 8 lanes of 6 Gbps SAS connectivity to 8 lanes of PCIe 2.0 5 Gbps performance to eliminate bottlenecks. The performance is based on the LSI SAS 2008 IO controller that highly integrates the latest enhancements in PCIe and SAS technology. The HBA supports up to 512 SAS 2.0 compliant devices.
The 9200-8e has two (x4) external Mini-SAS connectors (SFF8088) enabling a low profile solution that can achieve over 320,000 IOPS. Automatic speed negotiation for SAS and SATA data transfer rates of 1.5, 3 and 6 Gbps per lane assures legacy compatibility while new systems can benefit from T-10 protection information model for early detection of and recovery from data corruption, and spread spectrum clocking for minimal EMI.
The LSI SAS HBA is based on the Fusion MPT architected SAS controllers, which implements LSI's Fusion-MPT architecture. Each controller features embedded power PC processors that deliver maximum host CPU offload. The built-in intelligence enables LSI to publish a single binary OS driver to operate any Fusion MPT controller or adapter. The architecture enables high performance, reduced software development and faster time to market.
- 6 Gbps SAS connectivity eases integration and broadens application by supporting legacy speeds and the SATA protocol
- The 9200-8e provides 8 lanes of 6 Gbps SAS connectivity to 8 lanes of PCIe 2.0 5 Gbps performance to eliminate bottlenecks
- Supports Mac OS for additional integration flexibility
- The SAS 9200-8e's performance is based on the LSI SAS 2008 IO controller that highly integrates the latest enhancements in PCIe and SAS technology
- It has a low profile form factor
- The HBA has a low power consumption therefore is it environmentally friendly