With a warranty period of five years and the technology to outperform standard hard disk drives, the Intel 180GB 520 Series Internal Solid-State Drive (SSD) delivers the durability, dependability and energy efficiency that make it one of the most desirable drives on the market - even for media creators, demanding gamers and technology enthusiasts. In a sentence, Intel's innovative 520 Series SSDs afford faster game loads, faster application loads, less all-around lag and noticeably smoother visuals. The drive features a SATA 6 Gb/s interface, 180GB capacity and a compute-quality Intel 25 nanometer (nm) NAND flash memory. The interface and flash memory work together to accelerate your computer's performance when you're multitasking and/or working with demanding applications.
Looking a little deeper into the specs and numbers associated with the 520 Series SSDs, it's easy to see that they really do afford an exceptional level of performance, when compared to the competition. The 180GB 520 Series SSD provides sequential read speeds up to 550 MB/s and sequential write speeds up to 520 MB/s. Regarding random read performance, the drive offers up to 50,000 IOPS. Its random write performance is equally impressive, delivering 60,000 IOPS. Whether you're craving the technology to handle intense multitasking needs or the performance required to really unleash your demanding applications, the 520 Series can satisfy both needs.
It's easy to see that the 520 Series SSD is endowed with everything needed to take your computer's performance to another level. Yet, a drive must be efficient and offer superior protection, which is why Intel also made sure to pre-configure the SSD with Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit encryption technology. They also added "End to End Data Protection" to ensure the integrity of your stored data from the computer to the SSD and back to the computer. Plus, like other SSDs, the 520 Series features no moving parts. This allows it to be energy efficient, durable and dependable. The result is a powerful drive that requires less maintenance, keeps your information safer, and costs less to run than a traditional hard drive.
- SSD built with compute-quality Intel 25 nanometer (nm) NAND Flash Memory
- Accelerates PC performance where it matters most
- Random read performance up to 50,000 IOPS (operations per second)
- Sequential read performance of up to 550 MB/s
- Handle intense multi-tasking needs and blaze through even the most demanding applications
- Read performance coupled with random writes up to 60,000 IOPS and sequential writes of 520 MB/s will unleash your applications
- SSD designed to satisfy demanding gamers, media creators and technology enthusiasts
Superior Data Protection
- 520 Series SSDs offers the best security features of any Intel SSD to date
- Pre-configured with Intel Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit encryption capabilities
- Your personal data is secured by advanced encryption in the event your computer gets lost or stolen
- SSD also contains "End-to-End Data Protection" ensuring the integrity of stored data from the computer to the SSD and back