The Contender 4-16x40 Mildot Riflescope from BSA presents a unique triangle system of reticle pattern for judging bullet drop and proper hold over of accurate long range shot placement. The BSA Special Contender Mildot reticle, which is located in the first focal plane, is a classic crosshair with triangular pointers instead of the more commonly found hashmarks. Locating the reticle in the first focal plane allows the size of the pattern to increase as the magnification is increased. Side parallax adjustment furnishes compensation for the shooters head movement as it affects the apparent movement of the target relative to the reticle. BSA BrightView fully multi-coated lenses provide optimal sharpness and resolution. Climate Extreme protection delivers o-ring seals for a waterproof tube and a nitrogen-filled tube for internal fogproof dependability. Boasting a side parallax adjustment turret with a setting range of 10 yards to infinity, the BSA Contender 4-16x40 provides windage and elevation knobs with push/pull zero reset and a precise ⅛ MOA click value. Scalloped turret knobs and adjustment rings afford an exceptional non-slip grip when adjusting during field conditions. The design is by BSA engineers in the USA.
To use a riflescope with your firearm, you'll need a mounting base and mounting rings in addition to the scope itself. Bases attach to your firearm and the rings attach your scope to the base. Proper spacing of the rings, as well as the ring height should be considered to ensure that a proper line of sight can be established. This will maximize the value of your investment, and enhance your shooting experience. It should be noted that in many mounting applications, a professional gunsmith's skills will be needed for proper installation.
- Black matte finish
- 1" single-tube construction provides increased strength and durability
- ⅛ MOA click value for the external locking windage & elevation turrets
- O-ring sealed, nitrogen filled, provides waterproof and fogproof protection
- Adjustable side parallax correction allows continuous accuracy and precision
- First or front focal plane positioning of the reticle maintains the sub-tension across the magnification range
- Designed and patented by BSA engineers in the USA and manufactured under stringent quality control standards
- Ball & coil spring retention system provides a high impact shock proofing for heavy duty use in rugged shooting environments
- Fully multicoated optics multiple layers on all air to glass surfaces for a brighter, higher-contrasted image with less eyestrain
- The BSA Special Contender Mildot reticle presents a familiar 4 post, cross hair configuration where medium length and weight posts change to light weight posts and intersect at the exact point of aim. A series of dots and arrow-head pointers on the stadia give the shooter the ability to judge bullet drop and proper hold over for accurate long range shot placement