Pentax steps up and delivers a top-of-the-line APS-C camera--the K-5 Limited Edition Digital SLR Camera with SMC DA 40mm f/2.8 XS Lens (Silver), featuring a low-noise 16.3MP CMOS high resolution sensor, sensitivity up to a best-in-class ISO 51200, 7 frames-per-second shooting capability and a responsive, high-precision 11-point auto-focus system. This special Limited Edition also features an elegant silver finish, including the camera’s mode dial, control buttons and levers.
The included special edition SMC Pentax DS 40mm f/2.8 XS Lens provides a great all-around lens to start shooting from day one, in most situations. Aside from providing a 61mm (35mm equivalent) focal length, the pancake design makes the lens attractive and compact, capable of fitting in your bag without needing to be removed from the camera body. The f/2.8 aperture is ideal for low and existing light conditions and creative depth of field applications. The lens also features a SP coating that repels moisture, dirt, and dust, in addition to providing greater contrast and color to your images.
With the free firmware update to Version 1.01, the number of consecutive RAW and high ISO shots able to be captured in high speed mode before buffer slowdown has been improved from 8 frames to approximately 20 frames. A high performing PRIME II imaging engine produces rich-gradation, very high resolution digital images. Plus, full HD video at 1920 x 1080 pixels.
The K-5 makes advances in plenty of other areas as well, such as faster autofocusing speed, and an upgraded High Dynamic Range (HDR) function that can even be used without a tripod. A bright, clear 3" LCD display with 921,000 dots resolution makes it easy to compose and review your images, or use the bright viewfinder for composition, secure in the knowledge that the highly accurate 77-segment metering system will deliver the goods every time. Shake Reduction image stabilization makes it possible to shoot at 2.5 to 4 shutter speeds slower without seeing camera shake in your photos. A lens is not included.
And all of this photo goodness is packed into a body of sturdy, lightweight magnesium alloy on a chassis of stainless steel. The 77 special seals in the body give you a dustproof, weather-resistant and cold-resistant camera, for reliable operation in harsh conditions, at temperatures as low as 14°F (-10°C). An extremely reliable shutter unit provides a top shutter speed of 1/8000 second and is tested to 100,000 shutter releases. A stellar performer.
- Limited Edition K-5 Body
- Limited Edition features an elegant silver finish, including the mode dial, control buttons and levers
- Limited Edition K-5 40mm Pancake Lens
- This Limited Edition K-5 also comes with a SMC Pentax DA 40mm f/2.8 XS pancake lens. This 40mm lens is both a great general purpose lens and aesthetically pleasing with its minimal design, created by industrial designer Marc Newsom, and its silver and black color scheme to match the Limited Edition K-5 body
- High resolution 16.3 megapixel CMOS sensor w integrated AD conversion circuitry
- High sensitivity 80-51200 ISO range with improved noise performance
- Speedy 7 FPS captures fast action shots
- Highly responsive and accurate 11 point SAFOX IX+ autofocus system with dedicated AF assist lamp and light wavelength sensor
- Widescreen 1080p HD video at 25 FPS, with sound via built-in or external 3.5mm stereo microphone jack
- Large 3" LCD with 921,000 dots of resolution
- Fully weather sealed and coldproof design
- Durable magnesium alloy covers surround a rugged stainless steel chassis
- Highly accurate 77 segment metering system
- Pentaprism viewfinder with 100% field of view and 0.92X magnification
- Pentax body-based Shake Reduction (SR) stabilization system
- A maximum 1/8000 second shutter speed
- HDMI port outputs high definition images and video (and sound)
- Native support for both PENTAX PEF and Adobe DNG 14-bit RAW files
- Improved in-camera HDR image capture
- A wide range of in-camera image processing and special effects filters
- Customizable RAW/Fx button
- Built-in electronic level with tilt scale display
- SDXC memory card compatibility (via firmware update)
- Pentax DA 40mm f/2.8 XS Lens Features
- 61mm focal length(35mm equivalent) provides a slightly longer than normal angle of view, ideal for use as a general purpose lens
- Fast f/2.8 maximum aperture for low and existing light conditions and creative depth of field applications
- 9 rounded aperture blades provide a smooth, natural quality to the out of focus regions of the image, especially in highlights
- Minimum focusing distance of 15.72" / 39.93cm for close-up work
- Designed by Marc Newsom for a minimal and attractive profiles
- Pancake-style design is unobtrusive and lightweight
- SP (Super Protect) coating helps front lens element repel moisture, dirt, and dust while providing greater contrast and color to your images