The CS series by Samson is a neodymium dynamic handheld microphone with interchangeable CS1 vocal and CS2 instrument capsules. The CS Series microphone's "Capsule Select" design allows you to substitute the capsules either for vocal or instrument applications. The versatile two-in-one design is ideal for live sound reinforcement and recording. The sensitive neodymium capsules provide a high level of audio reproduction, allowing pick up of details for any performance.
The CS1 Vocal capsule is useful for capturing live vocal performances. The dynamic microphone capsule has a super cardioid pick up pattern that isolates the main sound source while minimizing background noise. In addition, the off-axis rejection allows a balanced frequency response for maximum separation of sound while recording alongside other instruments. The minimal proximity effect increases the bass response to give the vocals warmth and clarity while minimizing feedback.
The CS2 Instrument capsule has a flat grille that allows for close miking of multiple sound sources. This design allows it to be placed right up against drums, guitar cabinets, brass and other instruments. The tight super cardioid polar pattern can withstand high sound pressure levels, enabling maximum gain before distortion and overload.
The CSB handheld base is built to withstand years of continuous usage on and off stage. The base is threaded for sturdy twist off handling when switching capsules. Rugged zinc alloy housing and mounting system reduce handling noise and provide additional protection to the capsules. The integral XLR connector is gold plated to ensure a solid connection.
- CSB Handheld Base
- Threaded twist-off handle design
- Gold-plated XLR connector
- CS1 Vocal Microphone
- Rounded grille
- Neodymium capsule tuned for vocal performance
- Supercardioid pickup pattern for enhanced feedback rejection
- Minimal handling noise
- Handles high SPL (sound pressure level)
- 60Hz-18kHz frequency response
- CS2 Instrument Microphone
- Flat rounded grille
- Neodymium capsule tuned for drums, guitar cabinets, brass
- Supercardioid tight polar pattern for greater isolation
- High SPL allows for close miking without overload
- 50Hz-8kHz frequency response