The Canon BU-51H PTZ Camera is PTZ video camera designed for low operational noise and, with a maximum noise level of NC30 it is well suited for use in quiet environments. The camera features three 1/3" CCD sensors with 1.67MP each and a 20x zoom lens with a 35mm equivalent of 32.45-649mm, a very fast f/1.6-3.5 maximum aperture, and a 2x digital extender. The BU-51H is also equipped with a built-in microphone with adjustable settings.
Uncompressed video with embedded audio can be output via HD/SD-SDI. In addition, an SD Composite signal can be output simultaneously. The BU-51H provides Pan/Tilt/Zoom/Focus position information and can be panned 300° and/or tilted +/- 40° at up to 30° per second. "Night mode" slows down the shutter speed to a minimum of 1/4 (60i, 30F) or 1/3 (50i, 25F, 24F), allowing frame accumulation that enhances low light sensitivity.
In an effort to facilitate custom system design and installation, Canon has implemented an open-source control protocol, for third party development. The control protocol developed for the BU-51H is totally open to all such partners who have an interest in working with Canon.
- Key Features
- Extremely quiet pan/tilt operation with maximum noise level of NC30
- Three 1/3" CCD sensors with 1.67 million pixels each
- 32.45-649mm (35mm equivalent) 20x zoom lens with 2X digital extender
- Very fast f/1.6-3.5 maximum aperture for enhanced low-light capability
- Built-in microphone with adjustable settings
- Uncompressed HD/SD-SDI output with embedded audio
- Pan/Tilt/Zoom/Focus position information
- Pans 300° and tilts +/- 40° at up to 30° per second
- Night Mode for enhanced sensitivity
- Open-source control protocol facilitates third party development