The Rain Computer Element V2 12-Core Video Editing Workstation has everything a digital artist could need - powerful processing, an exceptional video card, an abundance of RAM, and the flexibility for future growth.
It starts with the powerful 12-core processing. Using two 6-core Intel Sandy Bridge-E Xeon processors running at 2.0GHz (with Turbo Boost that goes to 2.5GHz) ensures that the system can handle multiple task requests and 2D and 3D resource-hungry applications. Paired with 16GB (upgradeable to 96GB) of quad channel DDR3 1600MHz RAM, you now have a processor and RAM combination that should be more than enough to handle the toughest video editing applications.
Storing all your data is possible with the 1TB SATA III 7200 rpm hard drive, running at 6Gbps speed. With a 64MB cache, the drive can be counted on for both speed and reliability. There is room to add up to five more drives for a total of 12TB of storage, and are RAID ready.
The graphics run through a nVIIDA Quadro 4000 card with 2GB of dedicated memory. This card outputs through two DisplayPort and one Dual Link DVI for dual monitor usage. There are seven full sized PCIe x16 slots in this unit for additional cards and devices.
As impressive as the inside of this machine may seem, the outside appearance and construction also bears mentioning. The all aluminum chassis assists in the dissipation of heat, while giving the workstation clean design lines and a professional look. Even the keyboard and mouse are aluminum-constructed. There is also a liquid cooling system to help with heat from the unit, removable air filters and anti-vibration mounting. In addition to the liquid cooling feature, the unit uses large diameter fans that only spin when the internal temperature of the system calls for it.
A host of other features include Gigabit Ethernet, six USB 3.0 and three eSATA ports, a 1050W power supply, and a StormDrive Dual Layer CD/DVD writer. Added to the core power of the machine, this is a choice video editing workstation for digital AV professionals.
- Processing Power
- The Rain Element V2 features hardcore processing power with 8-, 12- and 16-core configurations using fast Sandy-Bridge-E Xeon processors. Xeon processors are the preferred architecture for resource-munching programs like Avid, Adobe and Autodesk.
- Hardcore Hard Drives
- Each of the six bays can hold a SATA III 6Gbps hard drive for speed and performance. RAID configurations are also available.
- Flexible Growth
- Everything in the system can be expanded as you grow - you can add up to 96GB of RAM, up to 12TB of storage, and the unit ships with 7 full size PCIe x 16 slots if you want to add extra video cards or devices.
- Customized Software
- Rain has tested the most performance heavy video editing and graphics software to ensure the best compatibility with your system. They also fine-tuned your pre-loaded Windows 7 Professional 64-bit OS with audio and video tweaks so that it's stable and productive when used with your favorite AV software.
- Cool and Efficient Design
- The all-aluminum construction helps to dissipate heat throughout the system. Coupled with the liquid cooling system and silent large diameter fans that only spin according to the internal temperature of the unit, the operation of the V2 is quite as well as cool. The keyboard and mouse also have an aluminum finish.