The SV 8x42 Binocular (Black) from Kowa Sporting Optics has a comfortable power setting of 8x matched with a golden mean objective size of 42mm; not so big as to add extra weight and not too small to inhibit light transmission during the low light conditions of twilight or a cloudy day. Together the magnification and the objective size deliver an all around binocular for all seasons and situations. The comfortable angle of view of 6.3° projects an expansive 331 feet of panoramic vista at a 1000 yard distance. For those with eye or sunglasses there is a very generous 19.5 millimeter eye relief. No need to hold this glass up against your eye. Twist-up eyecups contribute to the viewing comfort; twist down for use with glasses, twist up for use without. The minimum focus distance of 13 feet will help you get a close-up thrill of that monarch butterfly fluttering in the garden. If it's whale watching you prefer, then the nitrogen filled waterproof and fogproof feature will ensure optical protection while being able to enjoy the water mammals near or far. There's a humongous one now off the port bow. Hard a-stern skipper!
Smooth and sleek with strategically placed indentations in the rubber armoring, this glass delivers a secure and firm grip. It has a closed hinged bridge with an eye-catching red line at the intersection of the bridge sections' point-of-contact. Rubber armoring provides a secure and comfortable grip, as well as added shock-resistance. This is an all around binocular for use for any and all circumstances.
- AAoV of 50.5°
- A Relative Brightness of 10.2 and a Twilight Factor of 17.9
- Nitrogen filled waterproof and fogproof ensures all-weather performance
- Roof prisms offer a smaller, lighter, sleeker architecture with fewer internal parts
- Rubber armoring provides a secure and comfortable grip, as well as added shock-resistance
- Highly reflective Kowa KR coating minimizes light loss and produces a clear and sharp image
- The stylish design includes depressions placed in the rubber armor for a more secure and comfortable hold
- Phase coating ensures that color wavelengths have the same focus point reducing chromatic aberration and ensuring color fidelity
- Fully multi-coated optics provide multiple layers on all air to glass surfaces for a brighter, higher-contrast image with less eyestrain