Yamaha's RX-V373 A/V Receiver provides a very cost-effective way to process sound and video for any home theater system. Just hook up your choice of display, video source and speakers, and this receiver will tie them all together. It's capable of producing five 100-watt channels of powerful surround sound.
With support for pass-through of ultra high resolution 4K video, the RX-V373 can send the signal data from source to display without any signal loss. This is the standard in digital theaters and while it's not widely available yet for the consumer market, you'll be good to go when it is. Of course, this receiver offers four HDMI inputs -- which should be plenty for most modest home theaters. That means you can connect a DVD player, gaming console and still have two left over. It also has an HDMI out so you can connect an additional monitor. These connections carry 3D source material and also support Audio Return Channel to reduce the amount of cables you need to run.
If you have an iPod or iPhone, you'll be able to connect it directly to the USB port on the front panel of the receiver to enjoy stored or streamed media played back through your home theater. Since it's a digital connection, this allows for a clean, clear signal. You can even use the receiver's remote to control music playback on your Apple device. You can also connect a USB flash drive or portable audio player to widen your options.
The RX-V373 employs Yamaha's Parametric Room Acousitc Optimizer (YPAO), which uses a small microphone and sophisticated equalization to automatically set the best sound for your room, wherever your speakers are placed. The receiver supports decoding for the latest formats like Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio. With 192 kHz / 24-bit Burr Brown DACs for all channels, superb sound is ensured for all your movies, music and games. Plus, cueing up your entertainment is easy thanks to the multi-language color on-screen display.
And last but not least, the RX-V373 isn't just affordable now, it's affordable in the long run. That's because it has an Eco mode so it uses less power to operate, and has an auto power down mode that also helps to save power. This is good for the environment while saving you money.
- 4K Pass-Through
- The RX-V373 supports pass-through for 4K, which translates to roughly four times the resolution of a 1080p display. While not yet widely available, 4K displays and sources are said to become popular in the future. This brings a new level of image clarity, and this receiver is capable of passing 4K video from the source to the display
- HDMI With 3D and Audio Return Channel (ARC)
- This receiver can transmit 3D signal data to provide wraparound imaging from source to display. ARC enables data to be sent and received using a single HDMI cable. This eliminates the need for an additional optical cable, allowing for a less-cluttered home theater space
- YPAO Sound Optimization
- YPAO analyzes the room acoustics and adjust various audio parameters for optimum sound in just a few minutes
- USB Digital Connection for iPod and iPhone
- The front panel USB port allows for convenient connection of an iPod or iPhone, which will charge as it plays. This means the digital signal will be passed from your Apple device to the receiver, so there won't be any signal loss or interference. One more cool feature: you can use the remote control for the receiver to control your iPod or iPhone music playback functions
- SCENE for One-Touch Start
- Press one of the SCENE buttons, and this will automatically power up the receiver, select an input source and DSP mode. Of course, you can reset the buttons for the sources of your choice by selecting a source and DSP mode, then pressing a SCENE button for more than three seconds
- HD Audio With CINEMA DSP
- Yamaha's exclusive CINEMA DSP technology supports playback of HD audio like Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio for realistic, enveloping sound
- HDMI CEC
- When the unit is connected to a CEC compatible TV, it will turn on and off together with the TV, and you can use the TV remote to control the volume. HDMI CEC also provides advanced functionality with other components, like using the receiver's remote unit to skip or stop playback 1
- Subwoofer Trim
- The Subwoofer Trim control enhances the low frequencies by avoiding overlap with the front speaker output. This will result in a cleaner, more focused sound stage while providing a seamless frequency response. When subwoofer frequency overlap occurs, the overall sound is "pushed" toward the subwoofer. Subwoofer Trim takes care of this by separating the low subwoofer frequencies cleanly, thus stabilizing the front stage while providing a well-balanced, enhanced bass sound
- Compressed Music Enhancer
- Yamaha's Compressed Music Enhancer employs sophisticated digital signal processing using exclusive algorithms to restore signals that have been lost during compression of MP3 files
- Adaptive Dynamic Range Control
- This feature automatically adjusts the dynamic range of the sound according to the volume level. This ensures that you hear clear dialog and vocals, and all sound effects are played at comfortable listening levels. You don't even need to touch the remote, the system does it all. Another big plus is that it tones down notoriously loud commercials on TV. This feature is especially useful for low-volume late-night listening when you don't want to disturb anyone at home
- Power Saving
- In Eco mode, power consumption is reduced by about 20 percent. You can easily set it using the top of the GUI menu. Additionally, auto power down lets you save energy by selecting to turn the power off after two, four, eight or twelve hours
- Additional Features
- Supports Deep Color (30/36 bit), x.v.Color, 24 Hz Refresh Rate and Auto Lip-Sync compensation
- iPod/iPhone song titles displayed in English and Western European languages on the front panel
- Multi language color OSD for improved visibility
- Front panel mini jack input for connecting portable audio player
- Audio input assign capability for HDMI and component video input
- 9 selectable subwoofer crossover frequencies
- Subwoofer phase select / subwoofer out
- Initial Volume Setting and Maximum Volume Setting
- Audio Delay for adjusting Lip-Sync (0-250 ms)
- 40-station preset tuning / auto preset tuning
- Background Video feature (for radio only)