The Auray WHF Series Foam Windscreens are designed to reduce unwanted broadband wind noise and vocal pops with minimal high frequency loss.
This WHF-2040 Foam Windscreen is designed for use with many small diaphragm condensers and other microphones with a 3/4" diameter head. The density of the specialty acoustic foam is optimized to help protect the microphone element from air bursts without muffling the sound.
When used on a small diaphragm condenser or other microphone, this windscreen is effective in minimizing wind noise and plosive sounds. It is most effective in calm to light breeze conditions (0-7mph), and can be used indoors for protection against drafts caused by air-conditioners. Users can generally expect a 4dB to 8dB reduction in wind noise, with very slight dampening of high frequencies. For most applications, the very slight high frequency dampening is a worthwhile exchange for the notable wind noise reduction.
The WHF-2040's foam is hypoallergenic and washable and helps prevent moisture and dirt from damaging your microphone. The windscreen is designed to fit microphones from AKG, Audio-Technica, Audix, Beyerdynamic, Electro-Voice, Sennheiser, Shure and others.
The WHF-2040 Foam Windscreen For 3/4" Diameter Microphones is an effective solution for basic wind protection.
- Fits these and other similar sized microphones:
- ADK SC1
- AKG C224, CK91, CK92, CK93, CK94, D224, D510, D558, D58
- Audio-Technica AT2021, AT3031, AT3032, AT4021, AT4031, AT4041, AT4049, AT4051, AT4053, AT8010, AT8086, AT808G, ATM450
- Audix ADX-50, ADX-51, f9, SCX-One
- Beyerdynamic M101, M424, MC711, MC712, MC714, MCE801, MCE803, MCE805, MCE83, MCE84, MCE93, MCE94
- Crown CM700
- DPA 3529, 3532, 3541, 4011, 4012, 4021, 4022, 4023, 4041
- Elation KM201
- Electro-Voice Co4, RE85
- Neumann KM185, KM184, KM183, KM145, KM140, KM130, KM120, KM100, KM150
- Oktava MC-012
- Rode NT-5
- Sennhieser MD106, MD110, MD202, MD211, MD402, MD406, MD430, ME20, ME40, ME62, ME64, MKH20, MKH30, MKH40
- Shure 16A,16AM, AMS28, KSM109, KSM137, KSM141, PG81, Prol.16L, SM80, SM81