The Auray WSV Series Deluxe Velour Windscreens are designed to reduce unwanted broadband wind noise and vocal pops with minimal high frequency loss.
This WSV-2012 Deluxe Velour Windscreen has an inside depth of 12cm and is designed for use with many shotgun microphones. The density of the specialty acoustic foam is optimized to help protect the microphone element from air bursts without muffling the sound. The acoustic foam is covered by a luxurious velour outer layer for added protection and style.
When used on a shotgun microphone, this windscreen is effective in minimizing wind noise and plosive sounds. It is most effective in calm to gentle breeze conditions (0-12mph), and can be used indoors for protection against drafts caused by air-conditioners. Users can generally expect a 6dB to 10dB reduction in wind noise, with slight dampening of high frequencies. For most applications, the slight high frequency dampening is a worthwhile exchange for the considerable wind noise reduction.
The WSV-2012's foam is hypoallergenic and washable and helps prevent moisture and dirt from damaging your microphone. The windscreen is designed to fit microphones from Audio Technica, Sennheiser, Sony and others.
The WSV-2012 Deluxe Velour Windscreen for Shotgun Microphones is an effective solution for enhanced wind protection.
- Fits these and other similar sized microphones:
- Audio-Technica BP4073, AT875R, AT 877, MC-230
- Azden SGM-PD2
- Ikegami HL DNS-201W, HL DV-7W, HLV 9, 55, 77, MC-10, 11, 230
- Panasonic AJ HDC 27, AJ HDX 900, AJ MC 700P, 900P, AJD-700, 800, 910, DV 200, DVC200
- Schoeps CMIT 5U
- Shure VP82
- Sennheiser MKH-8060, MKE-600
- Sony ECM 673, 674, ECM NV1 (Camera Mic for BVP-550, 570, 950, DSR 130P, 200, 250, 300, PD150, 170, HVR A1U, V1, UVW-100)