The Command Course Basic Series by First Light Video Publishing is part of the Digital Cinema Filmmakers Training Course. It contains everything a student needs to successfully produce a film or video from writing to post & and how to use all the gear.
This kit contains 20 DVDs and 5 copies of Student Course Materials - Extra & Accessories (75 page Field Manual, Production Check list, Tech Field Guide, Pre-Production CD, Rugged Use Pen.)
The Digital Cinema Basic Course includes
- The Digital Cinema Course
- A multi module course that starts with the screenplay. Includes detailed instructions on proper structure and creating solid characters using a dramatic short film, teaching writers the how to overcome screenwriting traps, obstacles and disasters and how to write clearly. Categorizing specific writing methods and tools, it inspires writers who may have given up on dramatic storytelling. Computer graphics show how to physically construct a screenplay, content format, paper and binding to use.
- The Section on Film Editing
- It starts with a history of editing and digital nonlinear editing basics. It abides by the rule that the best cinematographer or director is first a competent editor. The equipment use sections show equipment and gear from the basic C-stand to the intricate use of color gels and corrective filtration, preparing filmmakers for making movies with HMI, tungsten, and fluorescent lighting. Explore basic production in a controlled studio environment with lighting, lenses, shots, depth of field, composition and axes of movement.
- Movie Production (10 hours)
- It puts all this learning to the test on a real movie set, complete with variables that assault filmmakers while digital film making. Because movies are primarily a visual art, the lighting section goes deep into lighting a film set with faith to the script's intention. Whether to mimic candlelight, firelight, or fluorescent warehouse lighting, this section discusses the most difficult situations that a cinematographer may confront.
- The Gear Guide module
- An 11 program set (also available as individual programs) covering lighting and camera packages and component use in detail for field and studio use (also includes mic booms).