The Command Course Plus Series by First Light Video, part of The Digital Cinema Filmmakers Training Course, is an instruction DVD bundle designed to teach you everything you need to know to successfully produce a film or video, including advanced techniques.
This kit contains the Command Course Basic Course, 35 DVDs, plus 21 more hours in four advanced instruction modules. It also includes 10 copies of Student Course Materials - Extra & Accessories (75 page Field Manual, Production Check list, Tech Field Guide, Pre-Production CD, Rugged Use Pen).
The Command Course Plus Series Includes
- THE COMMAND COURSE BASIC SERIES
- A multi module course that starts with the screenplay. Includes detailed instructions on proper structure and creating solid characters using a dramatic short film, teaching writers the how to overcome screenwriting traps, obstacles and disasters and how to write clearly. Categorizing specific writing methods and tools, it inspires writers who may have given up on dramatic storytelling. Computer graphics show how to physically construct a screenplay, content format, paper and binding to use.
- Advanced Movie Production Module
- This is movie making in action, teaching set etiquette, communication, decision-making, and real-life production, all while watching a full feature film being made. For 12 days, the crew of this film worked hard alongside motivated cast, a passionate director and a jovial producer. Watch this 19 section set for almost 13 hours of serious education, movie set stress and fun. You'll learn from series creator Rush Hamden as a cinematographer on the set, taking orders, getting the film made despite fatigue, illness and shortage of crew. This volume took two full years to complete. The AMP course includes a 65 page manual with scene by scene details for all the backup to make this module the cornerstone of your actual moviemaking success.
- Basic Production Module
- Teaches 10-Point lighting, the jargon and motive behind each light source, as well as balancing them together with Quality, Quantity, Direction, and Color, Composition, like Law of Thirds, Screen Mass, Triangular Dominance, Color Harmony, and Planar Separation, as well as the psychological lighting impact of each. Covers Lenses, Depth of Field, Shots, Axes of Motion, Background lighting, Male & Female Makeup, Steadicam use.
- Lighting Module
- 10 complete sections devoted to Pro lighting. Matching your lighting to fire-light, Christmas lights, uncorrected fluorescents, flashlights, candles with light and dark skin tones, work lamps, window lights, office interview, lighting chrome weapons, keying and groups of actors at a card table scene. When you finish the last DVD of this series you will never watch movies the same way again, knowing that the "Natural Sunset" light inside an apartment is actually tungsten light off a gold reflector and that there is a reason why directors move the actors in specific axes.
- Gear Guide Vol. III
- Explores the technology of LED lights, DSLR cameras, and lenses for filmmaking. This combo pack includes two Blu-ray discs for 1080p content, as well as two DVDs for 480p standard definition content.
- Intermediate Audio Module
- The Intermediate Audio Guide is a special focus on Microphones, Mixers, Recorders, Cables, and Wireless Systems. You may already know from the MP Command Course the basic principles of Audio, but this 5 part module goes much further using pro audio gear. Learn about Electret Mics, Dynamic Mics, Condenser Mics, Mixers, Lowcut and Pads, Hard Disk Recorders, Mic Suspension Mounts, Audio Snake Cables, Wireless Systems and much more. Pro Audio gear performs better, lasts longer, is more robust, generates less noise in the audio stream and offers much greater flexibility in controlling your sound. Learn the principles of recording "safe audio", from selecting the right location, to using the right mic for the job, to recording on CF cards or Hard Disk. All these points plus many more are addressed in this module.
- Actor Training Guide
- Explores the process of discovering and preparing a character for film with acting instructor and coach, Stephen Heu. Students will prepare, rehearse and perform a scene from the script titled "THE CAMERA". Teaches the Audition; the Sides; the Look; the Script; exploring the Character; Empathy; Honing our craft; The actor's goals and the audience's goals; Loaning emotions to a character; Catharsis; Stage and Film acting differences and a detailed performance section including the process of rehearsal and abandoning the script.
- Compositing Module - Including Full HD Editing File
- This 23 part Digital Keying Guide teaches how to create believable Compositing images. It concentrates on Lighting the Green or Blue Screen Background, Lighting Foreground Plate and Subject, Matching Fore-to-Background, Camera Settings, Using Keying Hardware, Directing Actors, Keying in Post, Using Keying Software and more. Often you will be called upon to film a scene that is to be composited over a background requiring you to film the against a color (green or blue) screen, then remove that color in post and composite the scene onto the desired background. It sounds simple but is a very complicated procedure that goes beyond setting up actors against a green paper background. Covers planning, scripting, charting, accurate lighting, specific direction of actors and color-matched post compositing. This module will teach you lighting to post, how to set the height and angle of the background camera, match it to the foreground camera; teaches matching the color, direction and intensity of the subject's instruments with the background natural light; delves deeper with an action scene that teaches you how to blend action elements with proper direction for actor eyelines. The final part of the module teaches post production compositing and also contains a 3.5 GB full HD 1080i file with all the elements needed to build an action scene for practice by copying to a PC or MAC and dropping it into a compositing program.
- Student Course Materials - Extras & Accessories
- Ideal for student use in the classroom & by filmmakers Includes: 75 page Field Manual, Production Check list, Tech Field Guide, Pre-Production CD, Rugged Use Pen.