First Light Video's DVD: A-List Screenwriting: Killer Endings uses movie examples in analyzing good killer ending, and shows you how to create meaning and emotion by focusing on a good ending.
The climax of your story defines the theme, completes the character arc, creates a peripeteia, and is the story's most emotionally charged moment. A great ending absolves a movie of many of its flaws. It can make a bad movie good and a good movie great.
- Subjects Covered Include:
• The power of endings
• Definitions (Goal and Need, Dilemma, Crisis/Climax/Resolution)
• Five different paradigms to find a killer ending (Dilemma, Projection, Antagonist, Character Arc & Theme)
• Definition of Killer Endings
• Applying it to Beginnings and Middles
• The Writer's Dilemma
• Case Study – LA Confidential