The Schneider 77mm True-Match Vari-ND Filter is a solid variable neutral density filter providing a reduction of about 1.3 to 11 stops. The 0.4 to 3.3 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally required. The degree of density is easily controlled by rotating the front filter ring, allowing you to previsualize the additional exposure length required. By slowing your exposure time or increasing your aperture, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image and are ideal for pairing with other filters.
This filter perfectly matches two opposing polarizing foils in order to accomplish the variable ND effect, and this precise combination allows a higher level of blue color shifting at maximum density. Because both filter substrates are combined into one filter ring, this filter is low profile and helps to eliminate vignetting on most lenses. The front filter ring diameter is 96mm in diameter, further helping to reduce vignetting, even on wide angles lenses. Schneider filters are diamond-cut from crystal-clear water-white Schott glass and polished to precise flatness and parallelism standards.
- Variable neutral density filter allows you to dial in differing amounts of density scene to scene.
- 0.4 to 3.3 ND filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required.
- Providing a reduction of 1.3 to 11 stops, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
- Filter does not affect coloration of the image and can be used with other filters.
- Low profile, wide design prevents vignetting with most lenses.