The Panasonic BT-LH1850 18.5" High-Performance HD/SD LCD Widescreen Monitor is a 1366 x 768 production monitor with highly-useful features, a comprehensive set of connections, and superior quality output. The panel is eco-friendly, with a mercury-free LED backlight drawing only 22W of power, less than half that of the previous LH model.
By SD SDI or video input, the LH1850 can display closed captions with support for both closed caption standards (EIA/CEA-708 HD-SDI and EIA/CEA-608 SD-SDI). It can display up to eight windows simultaneously. A vectorscope function can display all lines of an SDI input signal (Y/R/G/B). A pixel-to-pixel function can display input video without resizing it. A still frame function can freeze a frame and display it as a sub-screen. A time code display shows the value of the VITC, LTC or UB time code. And a simple cross hatch overlay can be displayed to check the tilt of a camera.
A range of markers can be displayed in both 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratios, including safe area, center, and aspect markers (aspect = 4:3, 13:9, 14:9, CNSCO 2.39, CNSCO 2.35, 2:1, and VISTA in 16:9 mode). For audio monitoring, a color audio level meter shows the input level of embedded audio. The LH1850 also features a waveform monitor for R/G/B signals and a 3D look-up table that produces authentic color hues and smooth gradation along with quick-response motion images.
- A 3D look-up-table offers 6-pole color correction and includes a look-up table for each signal level, and applies 10-bit image processing to each RGB color to balance the six coordinate axes of the three primary RGB colors and their complementary CMY colors, resolving color drifting at low light levels and keeping colors vividly natural. It also delivers an array of additional features necessary in demanding broadcast and production environments, including setting for gradation, and selectable color temperature of 9300K / 6500K / 5600K or 3000K to 9300K.
- HD/SD SDI and HDMI outputs allow any camera source to be viewed. Two SDI inputs support embedded audio and feature an automatic HD/SD switching function. An HD Link facilitates connection to a wide range of HDMI sources such as Blu-ray / DVD players. Also available is a single link DVI-I input that supports both digital and analog signals. An RS-485 serial remote takes on up to 32 monitor connections in a loop-through configuration. Each monitor can be designated and controlled by a distinct ID number. TSL commands allow 8 alphanumeric character text display and tally indication. The monitor also supports unique RS-232C-equivalent Panasonic commands.
- Overall Features
- Closed captions
- Camera tilt
- Freeze frame
- Audio level meter
- Time code
- Mono mode
- RS-485 IMD remote
- Worldwide 59.94 Hz / 50Hz compatibility
- Two-channel analog audio (pin jacks x2)
- Audio monitoring via built-in speakers and headphone output
- Markers and Blue-only display
- H/V delay display
- Various color adjustments
- Customizable function keys
- Calibration hardware interface for chroma and luma
- GPI remote control terminal
- Cine-gamma Film-Rec compensation function
- Standard tilt stand, tally lamps, and Key Lock function
- Standard screw holes for mounting
- Quiet operation (no cooling fan)
- Integrated power supply
- Operates on AC or DC power -- power input switchable between AC and 4-pin XLR DC per a door that slides up and down between the two
- VESA mount support (100mm spacing pattern between mounting holes)