The Pioneer VSX-522-K 5.1-Channel 3D Ready A/V Receiver is an entry-level receiver that makes a solid foundation for any modest home theater. It offers an amazing value and even works with your iPod and iPhone. This receiver offers 80 watts per channel with four HDMI inputs and supports 3D video from Blu-ray discs, broadcasting and video games, as well as Deep Color, x.v. Color and Audio Return Channel. So in addition to the HD Blu-ray format, this receiver is ideal for all current and future high definition sources with extensive connectivity options for legacy equipment as well.
Using the front panel USB port, you can connect additional devices like a smartphone, tablet PC, most Android devices and thumb drives. You can also enjoy CD-quality uncompressed 48 kHz/16-bit MP3, WMA and AAC files.
Of course, the VSX-522-K supports advanced surround sound processing of Dolby and DTS formats including Dolby True HD and DTS-HD Master Audio to give your Blu-ray disc movies a soundtrack that's realistic and lifelike. It also supports Dolby Pro Logic IIz, which adds a "height" channel for an even more immersive experience.
The VSX-522-K features Pioneer's exclusive Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration system (MCACC), which provides a near studio-quality, multi-channel listening experience customized specifically to your listening environment. An included microphone measures every speaker's connection, and notes its size, distance from the listening point, sound levels and timbre to calibrate and maximize performance. So, pretty much any seat will be the best seat in the house.
This receiver also has Phase Control to provide coherent sound reproduction through the use of phase matching for an optimal sound image at your listening position. Another feature it boasts is Front Stage Surround Advance, which allows you to experience a virtual surround sound environment. And there's more -- with Pioneer's Advanced Sound Retriever, your WMA, MP3 and AAC music files will sound cleaner and clearer than ever. This fills in areas where minute details were left out during the compression process.
With auto level control, volume differences between portable audio tracks or TV programming can be equalized, sparing you the annoying spikes in volume changes.
You can use the on-screen GUI along with the included preset remote to adjust and tweak your home theater sound. Clearly, the VSX-522-K allows for advanced audio and video processing while offering compatibility with your portable audio devices, right in your own living room -- just add a Blu-ray disc or DVD player, TV and speakers of your choice for the ultimate networked home theater system.
- Direct Energy Amplification
- 5.1 channels
- 80 watts per channel (20 Hz - 20 kHz, THD 0.08% @ 8 ohms FTC)
- 140 watts per channel (6 ohms 1 kHz 1% 1 ch driven)
- Audio Features
- Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Pro Logic IIz, Dolby Digital Plus
- DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-ES, DTS Neo:6
- Digital Core Engine with Texas Instruments Aureus DSP
- 192 kHz / 24-bit DAC
- HDMI Audio Return Channel
- Pioneer Auto MCACC room calibration
- Pioneer Sound Enhancements
- Phase control
- Advanced Sound Retriever (2 ch)
- Sound Retriever Air
- Auto Level Control (2 ch)
- Advanced surround (9 + 1 modes)
- Front stage surround advance
- Headphones surround
- Video Features
- HDMI 4 in / 1 out
- 3D ready (Blu-ray disc, broadcase and games)
- Deep Color (36-bit), x.v. Color
- 1080p transferring
- Convenience Features
- iPod digital transmission via front USB terminal
- Charges iPod/iPhone
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) (OSD analog only)
- Auto power down
- AM/FM tuner with 30 presets
- Sleep timer
- Preset remote control
- New brushed cosmetic design