The TS-469 Pro 4 Bay Turbo NAS Server for SMBs from QNAP is an all-in-one NAS server with exceptional performance that can meet the storage requirements of modern SMB IT environments. It features a secure cross-platform file sharing for Windows, Mac and Linux/UNIX users. The NAS server also has an iSCSI or IP-SAN storage combo solution and a number of versatile, value-added business applications. It has a well-rounded set of backup solutions, which helps critical business information to be safely protected against unexpected data loss. The NAS server is an ideal shared storage solution for virtualized and clustered environments. It is VMware-ready and Citrix-ready certified. This also has proven compatibility with Microsoft Hyper-V environments.
The intuitive MyCloudNAS service simplifies the process of publishing content present on the Turbo NAS over the Internet and helps you create a private cloud in a few simple steps. The mobile app QMobile provides iOS or Android mobile device users with a convenient way to access the Turbo NAS live, on the go.
Deploying an appropriate IT environment with a reliable, affordable and expandable storage solution is very critical for any business. The ability to securely store, share and back-up digital assets has become one of the most important tasks for an SMB IT administrator. Choosing the right option will significantly enhance business productivity and offer a reliable disaster recovery solution in today's times, when downtime of any type affects profitability. The Turbo NAS is an all-in-one server that meets the storage requirements of modern businesses and workgroups that face the challenge of finding a robust storage solution that can scale with the exponential increase in digital content.
Centralized Storage and File Sharing
- Cross-platform Sharing with Antivirus
- The Turbo NAS supports SMB/CIFS, NFS and AFP protocols for file sharing across Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX networks. Your accounts and shared folders can be created via a user-friendly web based interface without IT expertise. The integrated antivirus solution for the Turbo NAS ensures business stability. It offers detection against the latest viruses, malware, worms and Trojan horses.
- Windows Active Directory (AD) and LDAP Directory Service
- The Windows AD and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) is a directory service feature that enables you to retrieve user accounts from Windows AD or LDAP based directory server to the Turbo NAS. This reduces time and effort in setting up a new account. You can use the same login name and password to access the Turbo NAS.
- Shared Folder Aggregation
- You can access the shared folders of other servers on Microsoft Networking through the "portal folder" on the Turbo NAS. This saves the time and effort in logging in multiple servers one by one.
- ISO File Archiving and Sharing
- With the Turbo NAS you can mount ISO images of CD and DVD discs as network shares for data archiving, storage and sharing. This saves the space for storing the physical discs and reduces the risk of data loss caused by disc wear and tear. It also enhances the efficiency of data sharing on business network.
- Advanced Folder Permissions
- You can configure folder/subfolder access to the Turbo NAS with advanced folder permissions. With this feature enabled, you can manage the folder permissions from Microsoft Windows or the web-based management interface of the Turbo NAS easily.
- Secure Measures for Data Storage and Access
•Policy based Unauthorized IP Blocking:
You can allow, deny or auto block specified IP address or network domain which attempt to connect to the Turbo NAS via SSH, Telnet, HTTP(S), FTP, Samba or AFP.
The Turbo NAS supports remote login via SSH (secure shell) or Telnet connection.
•SSL Security (HTTPS):
It supports HTTPS connection. You can upload a secure certificate and RSA private key in X.509PEM format issued by a trusted provider to allow access to the NAS server via secure SSL login.
The NAS server offers secure data transfer with SSL/TLS (explicit) encryption. Passive FTP port range setup is also supported.
•Encrypted Remote Replication by Rsync:
The data on the NAS server can be backed up to or from another Turbo NAS or Rsync server over the network securely.
•Shared Folder Management:
You can choose to hide or show selected shared folders of the Turbo NAS on Windows network.
•User Authority Management:
By uploading the batch files in TXT or Excel CSV format to the NAS server, you can create multiple users and specify their password, quota and user groups.
You can build up a private network with QNAP VPN Server support and allow inbound access by Windows, Mac, Linux and even iOS and Android devices. The connections are secured up to 256-bit encryption.
Backup Center for Businesses
- Well-rounded Backup Solutions
- The Turbo NAS offers you flexible server backup solutions like encrypted remote replication, Real-time Remote Replication (RTRR) and cloud-based storage backup. Windows and Mac users can use QNAP NetBak Replicator utility and Time Machine respectively to back up data to the Turbo NAS. Additionally, the Turbo NAS supports third party backup software such as VM Backup and Replication and Acronis True Image.
- Disaster Recovery Solution
- The Turbo NAS offers business continuity and high availability of data by being able to recover data from disasters.
- Real-time Remote Replication (RTRR)
- RTRR provides real-time or scheduled data replication between the Turbo NAS and a remote QNAP NAS, an FTP server or an external drive.
- iSCSI LUN Snapshot or Backup
- Server virtualization reduces IT expenditure and provides flexible server management. Adopting a proper data protection and disaster recovery for virtual machines has become vastly important. The Turbo NAS has taken iSCSI LUN backup/restore to a completely new level with snapshot technology. You can use the LUN snapshot to back up contents in the LUN to various storage destinations, including Windows shared folders via SMB/CIFS, Linux shared folders via NFS or local shared folders on the Turbo NAS.
- Cloud Storage Backup
- You can send private data to cloud storage. The Turbo NAS supports Amazon S3, ElephantDrive and Symform cloud storage backup. It has several backup modes including real-time, scheduled backup and versioning control so that the data can be restored from any point of time. With ElephantDrive, cloud storage can be monitored through a web browser. An extra set of all of the data stored is always available, so that remote data recovery is quick and simple.
- Backup to external drive via USB 3.0
You can connect external storage devices to the Turbo NAS via the eSATA or USB ports. The data can be backed up in the NAS shared folders to the external devices. Three backup modes are provided: instant, scheduled and automatic backup.
The Turbo NAS features USB 3.0 ports for high speed backup to external hard drives. EXT3, EXT4, NTFS and HFS+ file systems are supported to ensure compatibility with Windows, Mac OS X and Linux operating systems.
iSCSI and Virtualization Deployment
- NAS + iSCSI Combo Solution
- The Turbo NAS can serve as a NAS for file sharing and iSCSI storage concurrently.
- Flexible Management
- The Turbo NAS supports multiple Logical Unit Numbers (LUNs) and iSCSI targets. LUNs can be flexibly mapped to, unmapped from and switched among the different iSCSI targets.
- Secure Deployment
- The advanced Access Control List (ACL) is designed with CHAP authentication and LUN masking. It has the ability to block unauthorized access from the initiators.
- Designed for Virtualized and Clustered Environments
- The Turbo NAS is Vmware, Citrix Ready and Windows Hyper-V compliant. It can be compared with a high cost Fiber Channel SAN. The Turbo NAS is an affordable system that can be deployed as a storage center for virtualized and clustered server environments, such as VMware and Microsoft Windows Failover Cluster.
- SPC-3 Persistent Reservation Supported
- The built-in iSCSI service supports enterprise-level features such as SPC-3 persistent reservation for clustering in VMware and Windows Server 2008. You can set up Microsoft Failover Cluster environment, use Cluster Shared Volume for Hyper-V and execute virtual machine live migration between Hyper-V hosts.
- Advanced MPIO and MC/S Supported
- With the support of Multipath Input Output (MPIO) and Multiple Connections per Session (MC/S) on the Turbo NAS, you can connect to the iSCSI targets on the Turbo NAS using two or more network interfaces from their server with failover and load balancing. Furthermore, with MC/S settings better data transmission performance can be achieved.
- Feature-rich All-in-one Business Applications
The Turbo NAS provides seamless file sharing across Windows, Mac, Linux and UNIX platforms. It also supports WebDAV for easy access to shared folders via HTTP/HTTPS protocol remotely.
You can establish an FTP server with the Turbo NAS and share files conveniently with colleagues or customers.
The Turbo NAS offers a centralized backup center for Mac users using Time Machine and Windows users using QNAP QBack utility.
You can host multiple websites on the Turbo NAS with the built-in web server and virtual host feature.
The RADIUS server centralizes and consolidates user authentication by maintaining a list of user accounts that are authorized for remote network access through dial-up equipment, Wi-Fi access point or VPN connections.
The Syslog server feature allows you to collect and store the logs of other network devices on the Turbo NAS. This helps to monitor the status of these devices and troubleshoot problems when necessary.
The Turbo NAS offers printer sharing over the network and remote printing over the Internet via Internet Printing Protocol (IPP). Print job management and Bonjour printing for Mac OS X are also supported.
You can use the Turbo NAS to manage the connected IP cameras and set up a video surveillance system with comprehensive monitoring, recording and playback features.
The Turbo NAS supports IPv6 (Internet Protocol Version 6) which makes the NAS a dual-stack IP host running IPv4 and IPv6 at the same time.
The VPN (Virtual Private Network) service allows you to access the NAS and other resources on the same local network from the Internet. Qnap VPN Server supports both OpenVPN and PPTP with a very intuitive UI. MyCloudNAS service and Auto Router Configuration are integrated with QNAP VPN Server. You can access all services provided by the Turbo NAS remotely and securely with just a few clicks.
For businesses which need directory service, Qnap LDAP Service provides a cost effective alternate from Windows ADS. You can turn the Turbo NAS into a LDAP server and centralize the user privilege management.
•Software Expansion via QPKG Center:
You can maximize the usage of the Turbo NAS by installing an additional QPKG software add-ons developed by users in QNAP's worldwide community.
- Private Cloud Storage
- The Turbo NAS helps users reap all the benefits of cloud computing. A personal cloud for home usage or a private cloud for business use can be built easily. This cloud provides flexible ways for data access, sharing and backup, virtually anytime, anywhere.
- MyCloudNAS Service
- The MyCloudNAS service simplifies the process of publishing contents in the Turbo NAS over the Internet. It provides a web-based portal for file management and access. It also supports backing up important data from the Turbo NAS to other cloud storage providers such as Amazon S3, ElephantDrive and Symform.
- MyCloudNAS Access Code
- While exposing the Turbo NAS to the Internet could raise security concerns, the MyCloudNas Access Code provides privacy control that makes only selected services visible to authorized users.
- Email Invitation
- The MyCloudNAS is an easy way to send out an email invitation to friends. The invitation contains systematic instructions on accessing the Turbo NAS. It offers a link to download the Windows application MyCloudNAS Connect. This allows users without proficient networking aptitude to set up and connect to the Turbo NAS with ease.
- QMobile App for On-the-go Contents Access
- QMobile is an application designed for iOS and Android mobile devices. It can stream Terabytes of photos, music and videos stored on the Turbo NAS from anywhere, regardless of the actual storage size of the mobile device. It also provides a convenient way for uploading photos on the mobile devices to the Turbo NAS for instant sharing.
- FIPS 140-2 Certified AES 256-bit Volume-based Data Encryption*
- The disk volume with FIPS 140-2 certified AES 256-bit encryption can only be accessed by an authorized encryption password or key. This prevents the sensitive government or businesses data on the Turbo NAS from unauthorized access and breach, even if the hard disk drives or the entire system is stolen. 1
- Advanced RAID Management with Hot-swap Design
- The Turbo NAS offers RAID 0, 1, 5, 10, 5+hot spare, 6, single and JBOD disk configurations. It supports a hot-swap design. When a drive with a RAID configuration (RAID 1 or above only) fails, it can be replaced without turning the server off.
- Global Hot Spare
- The Global Hot Spare feature allows you to share spare drives with multiple RAID volumes on the Turbo NAS. When a hard drive fails in any RAID volume, the global hot-spare drive will automatically replace the failed drive to prevent data from being lost. When compared with a local spare drive, the Global Hot Spare function offers more efficient use of spare drives.
- Online RAID Capacity Expansion
- The storage capacity of a RAID configuration can be expanded by replacing the current hard drives with larger hard drives. The data will be kept and seamlessly moved to the newly installed hard drives without turning off the server.
- Online RAID Level Migration
- You can upgrade the disk configuration to a higher RAID level and retain the data without turning off the server.
- IP-SAN/ iSCSI Storage and Virtual Disk Drives (VDD) for Storage Expansion
- The Turbo NAS provides a cost-efficient iSCSI solution to set up IP-SAN storage. With the built-in iSCSI initiator, the Turbo NAS can also connect to other iSCSI targets over the network and turn them into virtual disk drives (VDD).
- iSCSI Storage Plug & Play
- The Windows version of QNAP Finder provides a convenient way to expand desktop computer or server storage capacity by connecting to the Turbo NAS and mapping a network drive or a Virtual Disk.
- User-friendly System Management
•Instant SMS, Email and Windows Live Messenger Alert:
Configure the SMTP server, SMS server and Windows Live Messenger account settings on the Turbo NAS in order to receive instant system warning or error messages via email, SMS and instant messages.
•SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol):
Collect the information, warning or errors of the Turbo NAS and send warnings up to 3 SNMP servers for centralized management and real-time monitoring.
•S.M.A.R.T. & Advanced Hard Drive Health Scan (HHS):
Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.) helps to monitor the hard disk status. Additionally, the Turbo NAS supports Hard Drive Health Scan (HHS) for disk checking and bad blocks scanning.
- Multiple LAN Deployment
The Turbo NAS supports multiple bonding modes: Balance-rr (Round-Robin), Active Backup, Balance XOR, Broadcast, IEEE 802.3ad, Balance-tlb (Adaptive Transmit Load Balancing) and Balance-alb (Adaptive Load Balancing).
The LAN ports of the Turbo NAS can be configured in failover mode that allows it to sustain the failure of one network port and provide continuous services.
The LAN ports of the Turbo NAS can be configured in load balancing mode for bandwidth aggregation to boost file transfer speeds. It works with managed Ethernet switch with 802.3ad configured.
The Turbo NAS can be deployed with multiple different IP settings for sharing among different workgroups in two different subnets.
- Virtual LAN
- You can integrate the Turbo NAS to an existing VLAN on a virtualization environment and configure the Turbo NAS as the storage system of other VLAN devices. By enabling VLAN on the Turbo NAS, only the devices with the same VLAN ID can access the Turbo NAS.
- Wireless LAN
- You can connect the Turbo NAS to the wireless network through a USB Wi-Fi dongle for convenient access. The Turbo NAS is compatible with fast 802.11n and 802.11g dongles for Wi-Fi connection.
- Exceptional Performance with Port Trunking Support
The Gigabit Ethernet interface and fast processor enables the Turbo NAS to deliver superior performance and high reliability for critical applications.
•FTP/SAMBA Testing Environment: Intel Core i7-2600, 3.40 GHz, DDR3 1600 Hz 16 GB, Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ZyXEL GS-2024
•FTP/SAMBA Testing Method: Connect the Turbo NAS and PC to switch, upload/download 5 GB file without Jumbo Frame, FTP Tool: FileZilla
- Eco-friendly & Energy-efficient
- The Turbo NAS features green technologies to protect the environment and save electricity bill. The smart fan monitors the system temperature of the Turbo NAS and automatically adjusts its speed to ensure quiet operation and power saving. The hard drives can be set to enter standby mode after a period of idling to reduce power consumption and extend hard drive lifespan. Scheduled power on/off feature provides flexibility to only allow the Turbo NAS to operate in designated time and therefore minimize power usage.
- Power Management
•Wake on LAN:
Enable this option to power on the Turbo NAS remotely by Wake on LAN
•Hard Drive Standby:
Configure the hard drives to enter standby mode if there is no drive access within the specified period.
•Scheduled Power on/off:
The flexible scheduled power on/off feature is present for you to manage the up time of the Turbo NAS according to the working hours. You can set the time for automatic system power on, power off or restart on any days of the week.
The Turbo NAS supports USB UPS devices (USB/HID UPS supported) to allow users to store the data in time and avoid critical data loss when power outage occurs during data transfer. Network UPS allows multiple Turbo NAS servers on the same physical network to be protected by a single UPS via receiving UPS notification on abnormal power supply.