The Discovery 5x Gen 3-Alpha NV Bi-Ocular from Armasight is a rugged lightweight night vision biocular useful for mid-range surveillance and tactical applications. This weather-sealed image intensification device is engineered to perform in a range of environments from campground to battleground. The alpha-grade Gen 3 image intensifier features 62-72 lp/mm resolution, and automatic highlight cut-off circuitry that protects the tube and operator's eyes from damage.
A detachable long-range IR illuminator maximizes the capability of the Discovery 5x by allowing the operator to paint their field of view with infrared light and enhance their situational awareness. The user-friendly design features adjustable diopters, low battery indicator in the field of view, and a tripod mount for comfort during extended-duration observation and missions.
Note! Export of this device described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State office of Defense Trade Controls, as prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulation, Parts 120-130, and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce. For further information contact the Office of Defense Trade Control and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Image Intensifier
- Gen 3-Alpha intensifier tube boasts 62-72 lp/mm resolution and minimal spotting caused by cosmetic blemishes on the microchannel plate. The tube is Mil-Std 810 compliant and ready for years of performance in a wide range of environmental conditions.
- Lens System
- Fully multi-coated all glass optics transmit clear and bright images through the 108mm f/1.5 objective. The 5.0x magnification lens delivers a 9 degree field of view mid-range focal length that still allows the operator to maintain situational awareness in the field.
- Detachable IR Illuminator
- Use the included infrared illumination device as an efficient tool for extending the visible range of this night vision biocular system.
- Mil-Std 810 Compliant
- Use this rugged NV device in a wide range of conditions, from the rainforest to the desert.