Final Cut Pro X for iMovie and Final Cut Express Users: Making the Creative Leap by Focal Press teaches you how to use your knowledge in editing video using iMovie or Final Cut Express to finally go pro with Final Cut Pro. It starts with the basics of Final Cut Pro, allowing you to easily make the leap from Final Cut Express or iMovie, then gradually introduces you to more complex techniques with step-by-step tutorials. Tom specifically shows you how certain techniques and concepts you utilized in iMovie and Final Cut Express translate to Final Cut Pro.
- Accessible and easy to follow transition guide from one of the top Apple trainers in the world provides a smooth, pain-free transition for Final Cut Express and iMovie making the jump to Final Cut Pro X.
- Step-by-step tutorials provide you with practical, hands-on experience as you get up to speed.
- The book's companion site has project files for you to practice with and will provide updates as the software evolves.
- Tutorials included
- Nuances of system set-up to ensure smooth operation.
- Getting your tape-based and file-based AVCHD and DSLR media into Final Cut Pro and getting it organized.
- Editing to build and trim a sequence of shots.
- Working with audio, split edits, back-timing and level control.
- Adding transitions, final Cut Pro titling tools, color correction, image animation, and special effects.
- Compositing to enhance your projects.
- Outputting your material
LESSON 1: Getting Started
LESSON 2: The Interface
LESSON 3: Preferences & Importing
LESSON 4: Organization
LESSON 5: Editing Basics: The Edit Functions
LESSON 6: Advanced Editing: Trimming
LESSON 7: Working With Audio
LESSON 8: Adding Transitions
LESSON 9: Basic Titles
LESSON 10: Adding Effects
LESSON 11: Color Correction
LESSON 12: Animating Images
LESSON 13: Compositing
LESSON 14: Outputting from Final Cut Pro