The Captain Stubling DSLR Bundle, Nikon Gold, Limited Edition from Redrock Micro is a bundled kit designed to turn your Nikon DSLR camera into a professional video rig. This model replaces the Redrock Micro blue color with Nikon Gold and Midnight Black. Its design reflects this philosophy on shooting: "Put the camera everywhere, stay light, and do it all yourself." It's a lightweight, ultraportable hybrid rig for supporting large, heavy still and cinema-style video-capable Nikon DSLRs.
No matter what Nikon camera you use, the included microFollowFocus|blue lends your video production the smooth, precise focus control of a big-budget film. It incorporates the best of the innovations of the microFollowFocus v2, including the 3D marking disk, convenient quick release clamp, and large precision-machined focus wheel. Building on this, the microFollowFocus|blue adds a refined slim design, adjustable hard stops, reinforced movable focus indicator, flippable gearbox, and all-metal machined accessory port. The microFollowFocus|blue is incorporated into the rig for precise focus control, and one of the handgrips is moved back on a 4" grip rod so the rig can be steadied in both hands while the thumb and forefinger of the left hand control focus. The precision-machined microFollowFocus|blue system provides repeatable, accurate focusing.
The included handlebar clamp and rods create a hand grip support for this compact rig. The included lightweight, low-profile baseplate can be used to connect standard 15mm rods (60mm spacing) to the bottom of any Nikon DSLR.
- Ultra Lightweight & Ultra Portable
- The Captain Stubling rig offers a new level of portability and light weight for still and cinema-style shooting rigs. At the heart of this system is the unique patent-pending DSLR baseplate: a lightweight connector to connect the DSLR to 15mm rails as the backbone of any setup. The DSLR baseplate has set screws to eliminate camera rotation for using accessories such as the microFollowFocus. As a result, full size accessories are avoided, minimizing weight without sacrificing features.
- Carbon Fiber Rods
- All DSLR bundles ship with carbon fiber rods. Redrock's unique process results in precision, incredibly strong rods that are 66% lighter than comparable stainless steel rods.
- Future-proof Accessories
- This rig is based on cinema standards wherever possible, including the important specs such as 15mm rails, film pitch gearing, and standard filter sizes. Virtually all components can also be used with video cameras, Red cameras (such as Scarlet) and other DSLRs. This keeps your Redrock gear working for you now and into the future.
- Redrock-designed custom gears and gearbox for exceptional and play-free performance
- Integrated hard stops have easy begin/end setups for fast repeatable racking between two points, and make focusing lenses that have no hard stops much easier.
- 3D marking disk to view your focus marks from many angles
- Movable reinforced focus indicator - conveniently pull focus from any place on the camera while maintaining view of focus indicator and focus wheel
- Illuminated marking disk with optional Flares for working at night or under dim lighting, illuminates marking disk without distracting external lighting (Flares not included and are an optional accessory - see related items)
- Quick release clamp - pops on and off the rails for quick repositioning or setup without having to move other rail-mounted gear.
- Adjustable backlash - dial in your exact performance needs
- All-aluminum precision machined construction, inside and out
- Optional second side focus wheel - only follow focus that allows you to add/remove as needed
- Comes standard with 0.8 film pitch drive gear
- Industry-standard, all-metal machined accessory port for adding focus whip or speed crank as needed
- Kung Fu rubberized handgrip eliminates hand slips
- Flippable gearbox that positions the drive gear front or rear for support even the shortest of lenses
- Easy-to-use hard stops for setting focus points or the focus end-points of lenses without hard stops, such as Nikon autofocus lenses.
- Movable focus indicator - conveniently pull focus from any place on the camera while maintaining view of focus indicator
- Redesigned extra rugged focus indicator for durability and confidence
- Made in America, lifetime warranty means durability and confidence
- This unit's quick-release, rod-locking system is designed to offer fast attachment and removal
- It includes a locking pin for Nikon cameras to prevent rotation
- It features a rubber-padded platform
- Professional-grade machined aluminum construction ensures its durability