The M29TZ Stereo Zoom Microscope from Swift is the ideal microscope for university and educational purposes. Many of its features adapt well to classroom use, but its quality manufacturing, durability and comfort touches make it well-suited for industrial and laboratory use as well.
The trinocular head is equipped with an AV port that accepts video and camera adapters to photograph and record specimen images. The MA15600 video c-mount adapter and the MA15601 SLR adapter are sold separately and fit the M29TZ.
A continuous 10x-40x zooming mechanism offers a range of magnifications, not just fixed points. This allows for more versatile and smoother specimen viewing. The modular head, which houses all of the microscope's optical elements, is adjustable, interchangeable and rotates a full 360º, facilitating shared viewing between users. The dual illumination system shines light from above and below the specimen. The top (incident light) is angle adjustable and preferred for opaque specimens while the base (trans-illumination) is better for viewing transparent specimens. Both lights are 3W LED, which produce white light and little heat. They are energy-efficient, dimmer controlled, and rarely need replacing.
The high resolution optics on the M29TZ are parfocalled, parcentered and achromatic and provide sharp images with excellent depth of focus. The 10x eyepieces are widefield and incline at 45º for viewing comfort. Optional 15x eyepieces are available separately, but fully compatible. The interlocked eyetubes can be adjusted between 55mm and 75mm to fit the user and both left and right are equipped with a diopter for focusing precision. Eye guards are included for enhanced viewing and comfort when wearing glasses.
The extra large, 90mm diameter stage comes with a 100mm reversible black and white contrast plate and 100mm frosted glass plate. A blue filter is supplied to color the transmitted light from the base and two locked-on stage clips keeps specimens secure.
A number of features of this microscope make it particularly well-suited for educational use. As mentioned earlier, the 360º rotating head allows easy sharing among students and the "locked-on" eyepieces ensure that parts don't get lost easily. Also, the slip-clutch focusing system prevents damage to the mechanism by overzealous focus pullers and a cord-hanger allows for safe and hassle-free cord storage. Synthetic lubricant keeps the gears working smoothly over the course of many years and variable conditions and the cast metal frame is built to withstand the rough treatment students can give. The rugged design and adjustability of several components ensure that this microscope can be utilized by many sets of eyes over many years. It is a great investment at an affordable price.
- Continuous Zoom
- The continuous zoom magnification range of 10x-40x offers added versatility and uninterrupted viewing not found in fixed power stereo microscopes.
- Rack and pinion focusing with slip clutch and tension adjustment prevents users from damaging the focusing mechanism.
- Dual illumination system offers specimen lighting from above and from the base. The 3W LED illumination provides bright, white light with little heat; it's energy efficient and rarely needs replacement. The top incident light is path adjustable for better lighting angles and both the top light and transbase illumination are dimmer controlled.
- The paired objective lenses in the M29TZ are parfocalled, parcentered and achromatic. They offer high resolution, sharp images with excellent depth of focus and a generous field of view.
- Student-Proof Features
- Locked-on eyepieces ensure parts remain on the microscope and a slip-clutch focusing system prevents damage to the focusing mechanism. The 360º rotating head allows for easy sharing between two or more students.
- Modular heads and stands are fully interchangeable, eyepieces are replaceable and staging plates come in reversible black and white and frosted glass.
- Adjustable Comfort
- Eyepieces incline at a 45º angle for ergonomic viewing and eye-guards allow more comfortable viewing when wearing eyeglasses or safety glasses. Eyetubes are adjustable for interpupillary distance and user comfort and diopters in both left and right eyetubes provide fine focusing. The microscope head is rotatable to 360º and locks in place with thumbscrews.