The Milan MI5 Self-Powered Two-Way Loudspeaker from Turbosound is a trapezoidal enclosure consisting of a 15" (381 mm) reflex-loaded neodymium low frequency driver and a 1" (25.4 mm) high frequency compression driver. It is capable of delivering 450W in a lightweight package.
It is equipped with an integrated Class D amplifier module and features lightweight high-power amplifiers using 48kHz DSP and operating at better than 90% efficiency. Milan eliminates the need for separate amplifier racks and controllers, as well as the attendant cabling. This makes setting up at gigs and obtaining a consistent sound in different venues a faster and simpler process.
The integrated two-channel mixer with mic and line inputs easily balances all your audio sources for the perfect mix every time. Milan's lockable jack/XLR inputs will accept instruments, microphones and mp3 players so you won't even need a separate mixer for most gigs.
The trapezoidal cabinet is constructed from gas-injected polypropylene with powder-coated perforated galvanized steel mesh grille, and the symmetrical 43° angled sides enable use as a wedge monitor. A dual-angle pole mount socket is fitted, while recessed flush handles are provided on the cabinet sides and on the top.
- Milan delivers 450W of power and the most output from a lightweight package
- Cutting edge digital electronics provides higher efficiency than conventional amplifiers so there's no need for bulky heatsinks and noisy fans
- The integrated two-channel mixer with mic and line inputs easily balances all your audio sources for the perfect mix every time
- Milan's lockable jack/XLR inputs will accept instruments, microphones and mp3 players so you won't even need a separate mixer for most gigs
- The internal DSP with frequency-dependent limiting delivers maximum audio quality and protects the drive units from accidental damage
- Sophisticated limiters act quickly and transparently to make sure that Milan operates well within its safe limits and allows precise shaping of the loudspeaker's frequency response depending on how loud it is, thereby optimizing the sound quality at all levels
- The mix out function allows daisy-chaining of Milan loudspeakers and provides the versatility to easily expand your system. Simply connect from the mix-out to one of the inputs on the next Milan loudspeaker and you have an extra mic or line input to add to the mix Milan provides the versatility to easily expand your system
- The Converging Elliptical Waveguide helps to distribute your sound more evenly over a wider listening area so you need fewer loudspeakers to cover your audience effectively. Its shallow profile allows both the drive units to be aligned so that the highs and lows are perfectly in sync with each other. The result is better sound to a wider audience