The M3014 Ultra-Discreet Indoor Fixed Network Camera from Axis Communications is specifically designed to be used in surveillance areas that require discreet monitoring, such as retail stores, banks, and office buildings. Featuring a 1/4" RGB CMOS sensor and a 2.8mm fixed iris lens, the camera delivers clear and crisp images in 1 MP resolution. Progressive scan technology allows smooth image capture for scenes with fast moving objects. With a minimum illumination of 1 lux, the camera is suitable for low light surveillance.
The entire unit is 3.6" (9 cm) wide and protrudes only 1.2" (3 cm) from the ceiling, making the presence of the camera seem obscure. To suit your décor, the cover ring of the unit is available in a range of colors.
For video compression, the M3014 Network Camera transmits multiple streams in H.264 and MJPEG video formats at either full frame rates or individually optimized for different quality needs and bandwidth constraints.
A unique feature of this camera is its pixel counter function, which calculates the number of pixels contained in a given part of the image, for example a person's face. This is an important feature for satisfying certain jurisdictions requiring proof of resolution before an image can be submitted for evidence. In addition, backlight compensation adjusts video gain to correct the exposure when the object is in front of a bright light source. The white balance feature adjusts the red, green, and blue colors taking a standard white reference to get clear images. Furthermore, the Indoor Camera includes features such as privacy masking, text and image overlay, exposure and control, and mirroring of images.
With its Power over Ethernet (PoE) port, this camera receives power via the Ethernet cable, making it easier to install the camera most anywhere and not only near a power supply. Additionally, this eliminates the need for power cables thus reducing installation costs.
Excellent Image Quality with Progressive Scan
- 1/4" RGB CMOS sensor delivers clear and crisp images in a HDTV (1 MP) resolution
- Progressive scan technology delivers blur-free images at 30 fps
- Minimum illumination of 1 lux
- Backlight compensation adjusts video gain to correct the exposure when the object is in front of a bright light source
- White balance feature adjusts the red, green, and blue colors taking a standard white reference to get clear images
- Multiple H.264 and Motion JPEG streams can be provided either in full frame rate or individually optimized for different quality needs and bandwidth constraints
- MPEG-4 Part 2 Lends augmented flexibility and utility to the camera
Pixel Counter Feature
- Pixel counter allows the installer to easily verify that the camera installation fulfills any regulatory or specific customer requirements, for example calculating the pixel resolution of the face of a person passing a doorway monitored by the camera
Power over Ethernet
- Built-in 802.3af compliant PoE port allows the camera to receive power directly from its network interface, making installation possible without the need for additional wiring and cables
- Digital pan/tilt/zoom allows enlarging portions of the image so that they can be inspected closely
- Video motion detection feature compares the current frame with a pre-determined standard frame to accurately trigger an alarm if motion is detected
- On motion detection, pre-/post-alarm images are stored in a 40 MB video buffer
- API (Application Program Interface) supports an open API for software integration, including the ONVIF specification and the VAPIX and Axis Camera Application Platform from Axis Communications
- Password Protection restricts access to unauthorized persons
- IP Filtering restricts access to one or more user groups; user groups can be created with an IP address range being defined for each group
- Digest Authentication uses a system where the network server authenticates a user request through a domain controller and then grants access to authorized users only
- User Access Log - maintains a log of all the users that were granted access to the camera image data on the network
- HTTPS (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol over SSL) protects streaming data transmission across the network