This Ikelite ultra compact housing is designed for the Canon ELPH 520 HS / IXUS 500 HS digital camera. It is an injection-molded clear polycarbonate case, known for its strength and corrosion-free properties. The housing offers an unobstructed view of the camera's information and control functions and operates safely to a depth of 200'. Easy-open latch along with drop-in camera loading makes set-up a breeze. The housing is sized and weighted for near-neutral buoyancy and superb handling underwater.
A flash diffuser is included to improve lighting quality when the camera's built-in flash is used underwater. For optimum lighting underwater an optional external strobe is recommended. Ikelite strobes are brighter, recycle faster and offer wider coverage than the camera's flash. Being farther from the camera lens, the strobe reduces the illumination of particles in the water, which helps eliminate backscatter.
The port accepts the 67mm threads of a wide-angle conversion lens without an adapter. The housing is not compatible with bayonet-style accessory lenses. Getting close to your subject will greatly increase the quality of your underwater photos. By eliminating as much water as possible between you and your subject, you will get increased contrast and better color. The wide-angle conversion lens can be attached and removed when underwater.
- Clear Polycarbonate Construction
- Strong and corrosion-free, ultra-compact, high-performance and very durable housing
- Camera Functions
- Housing accesses all camera functions
- Mechanical Controls
- The dependable controls are conveniently placed at your fingertips and kept watertight with Ikelite's pioneered Quad-Ring seal glands, one of the most reliable methods for sealing controls
- Wide-Angle Options
- The port accepts the 67mm threads of a wide-angle conversion lens without an adapter. The housing is not compatible with bayonet-style accessory lenses.