The Yamaha A-S500 Integrated Amplifier Receiver (Black) boasts a power output of 85W x 2 (RMS) and uses high quality components and construction to provide fine acoustic performance. The A-S500 has a reinforced internal structure to prevent vibration and dual heat sinks for effective heat dissipation.
The Yamaha A-S500 includes an independently powered, balanced socket for an iPod dock. The iPod dock connector on the rear allows all of the Yamaha iPod docks to work with your iPod, and also gives an independent power supply to the rest of the amplifier, for maximum noise immunity.
On the front you'll find input and volume dials, together with treble, bass, balance and loudness. Short signal paths ensure noise is minimized, if you do not need to use the tone controls they can be defeated with a Pure Direct button for best sound quality. With Pure Direct, music signals travel the shortest possible route, bypassing the buffer amp and tone, loudness and balance controls to virtually eliminate any signal degradation for the purest sound quality.
It features a good selection of inputs for your separates and two independently switchable speaker outputs. Two sets of speakers may be connected and switched, which is ideal for a second pair of speakers in another room. Gold-plated speaker terminals and RCA in / out jacks are durable and provide the highest quality connections.
Lastly, the A-S500 includes a slim remote control unit with a buttons that are both easy to use and understand.
- Special Power Supply for Clear iPod Sound
- The iPod dock has an independent power supply to prevent operating or charging current from the iPod from flowing into the amp ground signal. This ensures optimum iPod sound quality
- Pure Direct
- Music signals travel the shortest possible route, bypassing the buffer amp and tone, loudness and balance controls to virtually eliminate any signal degradation for the purest sound quality
- Continuously Variable Loudness Control
- Our ears lose sensitivity to high and low frequencies at low volume levels. This control lets you turn down the volume while maintaining the optimum frequency response
- ToP-ART Sound Quality Design
- ToP-ART (Total Performance Anti-Resonance Technology) design uses a symmetrical layout for accurate sound field reproduction and the ART Base to eliminate effects from external vibration
- Balanced System for Minimal Noise
- An unbalanced interface is subject to common mode voltage noise, so Yamaha uses a balanced system to receive the iPod signal. This makes a significant contribution to reducing noise in the system for higher sound quality
- Speaker A / B and A+B Selection
- Enjoy music in a third room. Just connect a second pair of speakers to the Speaker B terminals and you can listen to either pair or both of them at the same time
- High Grade Speaker Terminals
- These high grade speaker terminals have gold plating for best connection and outstanding durability. The pitch between jacks is wider for easier insertion
- The Look and Texture of Quality
- Offers the look and feel of the top-class A-S2000, with elegant aluminum front panel and silky touch volume / selector knobs. You can feel Yamaha's commitment to quality when you touch the knobs
- Highest Quality Parts
- The quality of each individual part, as well as how they work together, basically determines the sound quality of any component. Yamaha uses only very high quality parts, carefully selected and tested
- Slim Design Remote Control
- The A-S500 has a slim remote control