The Okii FC1 USB Focus Controller connects to a Canon DSLR by USB cable and controls focusing and common camera functions. The unit is compatible with the 1D, 1D X, 5D Mark II and III, 7D, 60D, T1i, T2i, and T3i, and with all Canon, Sigma, and Tamron autofocus lenses. Tokina lenses are also compatible, but can experience camera lock ups with the 7D. Manual focus lenses only allow control of camera functions, but not of focusing.
The Controller is handheld and connects into Canon's USB protocol by an A to mini-B cable that can be as short as 6 inches or as long as 80 ft. The small size of the unit and the use of a USB cable connection leaves the camera's HDMI output available and accessible. Also, instead of being used handheld, the unit can alternatively be mounted onto a rig by a 1/4"-20 mount on the back of the enclosure.
The FC1 features 9 buttons and a rotating knob. It uses the autofocus motor in a lens to control focus while recording video or in any Live View modes. It also controls video recording Start/Stop, image capture, digital zoom, autofocus/metering, Live View, ISO, aperture, shutter speed, exposure compensation, and focus zone position while not recording.
Certain characteristics of Canon's USB Protocol make the FC1 perform differently than a mechanical follow focus, and the FC1 user guide helps explain the effects. Okii also backs the FC1 with a 15-day money-back guarantee.
- Control Focus and Camera Functions
- Features 9 buttons and a rotating knob
- Connects to a Canon DSLR by a USB cable
- Controls focusing and common camera functions
- Can be used handheld or 1/4"-20-mounted onto a rig
- Works with all Canon / Sigma / Tamron autofocus lenses
- Makes use of the autofocus motor in a lens to control focusing
- Controls video and image capture, digital zoom, ISO, aperture, shutter, and more