The Red Sparrow DAC from Black Lion Audio is a two-channel digital converter that's as equally suited for professional studio applications as it is integrated into a home entertainment system. The unit features user selectable AES, coaxial or optical S/PDIF input connectivity, with output connections including dual balanced XLRs for the studio, and consumer level RCA connectors for the home stereo.
Housed in a short-form, 1U rack mount chassis, the converter sports a healthy 125dB dynamic range, along with low distortion and wide frequency response. A high current, Walt Jung-inspired headphone output provides accurate headphone monitoring, with two mute buttons providing independent control of line or headphone signals. A front panel volume control governs the headphone output while the line output level is fixed.
- Two-channel digital to analog converter
- Designed around the 32-bit capable ESS9012 chip
- Selectable inputs - AES/EBU, coaxial or optical SPDIF
- Balanced XLR and consumer RCA outputs with mute
- 125 dB of dynamic range
- High-current, Walt Jung-inspired headphone output with mute
- Short form, 1U rackmount enclosure can be adapted for a 19" rack, or used standalone