The black with gray lined U140 Urban Elite Tablet Backpack from Pelican is certainly well-named since this elegant, well-protected and top loading backpack boasts a bevy of features that set it apart from other packs of similar size and capacity.
To begin with, it holds your iPad and keyboard, tablet or netbook in an interior, rugged ABS protected casing. This casing is watertight and crushproof as well as being able to protect your computer from dust, sand, dirt and other contaminants. The casing has been tested to 3' underwater for 30 minutes-certainly more than the average person would ever need for a day in the field. However, you never know-and if the weather or circumstances turn against you, it's nice to know your iPad will remain safe. For even more protection, the casing contains an EQ valve to prevent any vacuum lock.
The front of the pack also contains a hard shell panel that contains a pocket as an alternative to hold your iPad or tablet. This panel also serves to protect the pack against bumps and drops. When this panel is unzipped, a series or accessory pockets is provided for small items such as adapters, cables, pens or smartphone. The pack itself is made from a very rugged 1000-denier Kodra ballistic nylon with a blend of polyurethane backing for added strength. Kodra nylon has a rougher, fuzzier texture than traditional nylon. It's more abrasion-resistant and generally more lightweight. Even the top carry handle has been designed for maximum durability. The tough over-molded handle design features a press-n-pull latch for rapid access. The backpack straps are wide, adjustable and comfortable and complemented by a snap-coupled sternum strap to help maintain your balance while walking or hiking. The S-curve back panel has been ergonomically created to provide maximum comfort while the pack is worn.
One of the best features of this pack is the padded lumbar storage area that is specifically designed to hold your digital equipment-DSLR and, perhaps, two small lenses. This zippered compartment guards your valuable gear while retaining its fast access capability. All the pack's zippers are industry standard YKK construction.
A concealed water bottle pocket on the side of the pack will help you remain hydrated while outside, in the field or on public transportation. The pack is made by Pelican-a world recognized manufacturer of consumer, military and professional protective packs and cases. The U140 comes with a one-year warranty on the backpack and a lifetime guarantee of excellence on the plastic casing that guards your iPad.
- Watertight compartment holds iPad, keyboard: tested to 1 meter (3.3') underwater for 30 minutes
- Padded lumbar storage area for your digital camera/lens
- Fast top-load access; press-n-pull, spring-loaded latch and rubber over-molded handle
- Rigid ABS front panel protects the pack against impact and drops; when the panel is unzipped, more storage pockets are provided for an iPad and small items such as pens, note pad or cell phone
- Ergonomic S-curve back with deep ventilation channels
- Adjustable backpack and sternum straps
- Concealed side water bottle pocket
- Carry-On Form Factor
- FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0" (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 44.6" (113.3 cm)