The Glyph 4TB GT062EF RAID Dual Hard Drive Array (7200 RPM) comes with two internal SATA HDDs and incorporates a high speed eSATA interface that supports sustained transfer rates of 200MB/s. FireWire 800 and USB 2.0 ports are also provided for versatile connection options to a host computer. The two drives are configured, by default, into a RAID 0 system which writes data to the two drives at once. With its significant improvement in read and write drive performance, RAID 0, also known as striping, is the preferred RAID method in audio and video production.
For fail safe operation, you have the option of changing RAID 0 into a RAID 1 configuration, which offers redundancy by using the second drive to mirror all the information of the first drive. In RAID 1 mode, should one drive fail, all of its information can be retrieved from the other functioning drive. Also supported is a Spanning mode, in which the drives show up as one large volume. And while Spanning mode doesn't offer any benefits in the way of speed or redundancy, it does you give the full capacity of both drives.
The GT062E incorporates a fan-based cooling system and also uses its aluminum protective casing to dissipate heat away from internal drive components. Since a proper power supply is essential for reliable operation, this drive comes installed with a quality built, internal power supply. With built-in auto switching, this power supply can be readily used in the USA and abroad (with appropriate plug adapter). Included with the drive is the Glyph Manager program which continuously monitors the health of the drive and will alert you to any problems involving drive error, rebuild failures, or a malfunction in the cooling system. Alerts show up in the form of an icon in the Mac OS X dock or as an error balloon on a Windows System Tray. By staying informed of any potential problem, you have a chance of remedying the situation before it leads to a critical system failure and permanent loss of data.
- Configurable in Three Drive Modes
• RAID 1 offers data redundancy and real-time backup by writing the same data to the two hard drives at the same time. Should a drive failure happen, data is still available on the remaining drive.
• RAID 0 (striping) increases the performance of the drive system by spreading the data across two drives. RAID 0 is a proven technology for editing video, working with huge graphics files, sound libraries, and streaming instruments that play hundreds of samples simultaneously. RAID 0 is the default shipping drive mode.
• Spanning mode simply shows the two internal drives as one large volume.
- A Cool Drive is a Healthy Drive
- The GT 062E uses a quiet internal fan for maximum airflow and proper cooling. The case is designed with front-panel ventilation holes to draw cool air in, while exhausting warm air out the back - critical to the performance and reliability of the components.
- Nobody Likes Wall-Warts
- They are easily misplaced, or accidentally unplugged from the drive, and take up valuable outlet space. The GT 062E uses an industry-standard power cord and pro-quality internal power supply for the most efficient and reliable power source possible. Plus, but they are all fully auto-switching for international use.
- Optional Rack-Mount Kits
- The Single Rack Kit transforms your GT 062E into a 1U rack-mount hard drive. The Double Rack Kit mounts any two GT Series tabletops in a 1U rack space (sold separately).
- Health Monitoring Built In
- If a drive in your GT 062E experiences an issue, Glyph Manager software will warn you before it becomes a real problem. Along with setting the RAID mode, Glyph Manager constantly monitors Glyph drives using S.M.A.R.T. (industry-standard drive diagnostics), and reports the health to you. If a problem is detected, the front LED will blink red, and Glyph Manager software will alert you, allowing you to backup your data before any is lost. No other desktop drive has a diagnostic utility as smart as Glyph Manager.
- 3-2-1 Warranty
- Confident that the drive performs at the most reliable level, Glyph backs it up with a 3- Year warranty, 2-Year Free Basic Data Recovery Policy, and 1-Year Advance Replacement (U.S. Continental 48 States only).