The Boris FX Continuum Complete 8 AE Academic Edition for Windows is the full version of Continuum considerably discounted for accredited elementary-school through higher-education students and teachers.
Continuum AE is a vastly comprehensive visual effects plug-in suite for Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro CS5.5, CS5, and CS4. (It plugs into one common directory for both After Effects and Premiere.)
The program offers over 200 filters including 3D objects and particle effects, image restoration tools, lens flares and lights, keys and mattes, 3-way color grading and other color correction tools, time-based effects, warp and perspective effects, and blurs, glows, and cinematic effects. Every one of the filters takes advantage of either multi-processing or OpenGL hardware acceleration, providing for an interactive effects design experience.
1000+ presets are included in the software. You can additionally save and share your own presets and also put together preset collections geared toward particular project types. After Effects supports both static and animated Continuum presets.
An important feature of Continuum is Boris Transfer, which allows saved files to easily be migrated between Adobe, Avid and Apple editing platforms. The parameters and keyframes stay intact.
Continuum 8 offers 8 new filters and a store of new features over the previous version.
Reasons to Upgrade to Version 8
- Better Particles
BCC 8 AE includes several new filters based on a new, modernized BCC particle engine: Particle Emitter, Organic Strands, and Wild Cards. Targeted toward broadcast design and graphics creation, these filters significantly improve upon previously available particle filters.
The new BCC particle engine offers:
Full 3D camera and lights
Integration with AE's camera and lights
Particle Emitter motion that follows an AE mask
OpenGL rendering and lighting of real 3D objects
Interaction with an AE 3D layer and particle generation from a 3D layer
Complex color gradient controls and graph maps for size and opacity
The ability to Spawn particles
Image collection files
The ability to mix and match various custom particle textures
Various special effects, such as mirror mode and dispersion
Wind, Sphere Warps, and Sink Points
Fractal Noise field
- Better Lens Flares
BCC Lens Flare 3D is BCC's next-generation lens flare tool featuring enhanced looks and integration with After Effects. Thanks to GPU optimization, the filter is blazingly fast while providing highly sought-after functionality.
Support for AE-native camera and lighting rigs
Built-in 3D camera and lighting rigs for Adobe Premiere Pro
Ability to automatically apply lens flares to user-defined AE native lights in the composition
Ability to auto-generate lens flares based on luma values
Ability to auto-generate lens flares that follow the contour of AE native masks
Automated flicker feature for lens flare light source, using AE native or built-in lights
Automated randomize feature to flicker light intensity values across multiple AE lights
Automated shimmer feature for shimmering light rays
Edge-trigger feature for boosting light intensity as it approaches and crosses the edge
Sub-beam feature that generates Star Trek-style photon sci-fi flares
Colored ring option
Chroma hoop option
Chroma fan option
Lens caustics option
Customizable lens surface textures with built-in looks
Chromatic aberration option
- Better Glows
- The new BCC Film Glow effect includes a unique Crosstalk feature that blends the color of the glow with the image in a variety of ways, giving you the ability to generate looks that are not possible with other glow filters - a real game-changer for designers searching for new looks!
- Better Lights
- BCC's arsenal of lighting options has grown to include a new Stage Light filter that tightly integrates with AE's camera and lights and nicely complements AE's built-in lighting, providing a much-needed volumetric feel.
- Unprecedented AE Integration
- BCC 8 AE sets a new standard for AE integration, offering fast workflow and reducing your learning curve to virtually zero. BCC filters take full advantage of the excellent native 3D camera and light system that AE users depend on in their daily work. For path animations and image isolation tasks, BCC 8 filters import vector masks directly from AE layers. And for automated parameter animation, many BCC filters are now able to take advantage of audio data directly from AE audio tracks.
- Better Image Restoration
- Undesirable light flicker sometimes plagues irreplaceable camera shots. What can you do about it? BCC 8 AE comes to the rescue with a new Flicker Fixer tool that automatically solves the most challenging flickering light problems. Now footage so critical to your project becomes usable again!
- New Videoscope Tool for AE
- Full-featured and easy to use, the new BCC Videoscope filter means you no longer need to switch to a custom UI and deal with work-arounds to check color levels; the scopes are built right in to your Composite window! With vector scope and waveform monitors at your fingertips, you can be sure that you will never exceed legal color limits - while maintaining the overall integrity of your effects. A must-have for AE users!
- 8 New Filters
BCC 8 AE's eight new filters include enhanced lens flares, particles, glows, and lights as well as new flicker reduction and videoscope tools.
Create the soft feel of exposed film with this powerful yet very easy-to-use effect. Make your highlights bloom and shadows spread out as you experiment with your own unique looks. Or try one of the professionally-designed presets included with the filter. Use BCC Film Glow to marry two clips shot on different cameras or set the mood for the entire project. It works great on text and logos, too!
Save your flickering shot with this powerful, sophisticated image restoration tool. Based on state-of-the-art research, the underlying engine offers a choice of intra-frame analysis or temporal flicker smoothing. Repair video affected by a flickering light source or uneven shutter exposure. One day this filter will save your life!
Lens Flare 3D
Powered by GPU acceleration and offering integration with AE's camera and lighting system, the new 3D Lens Flare effect can be used to create cinematic looks, stylish broadcast design elements, and beautiful transitions.
Add striking realism to your 3D composite with this powerful volumetric lighting tool. Simulate production lights, projectors, or stage lighting where your viewer can see light beams emanating from powerful light sources. Instantly recreate an atmosphere of a stage performance, a night scene, or a rock bar. Or simply add light beams to the headlights of a car. Try a built-in smoke texture for even more drama!
Particle Emitter 3D
BCC Particle Emitter gives 3D broadcast designers the ultimate particle machine, providing an incredibly powerful, flexible, and OpenGL-accelerated particle system.
Enhance your broadcast graphics with organic design elements such as flowing strands of matter, glowing plasma, or hundreds of other creative options. Offering full AE camera and light system integration, your effects creations will match the rest of your 3D composition with ease. Add motion blur and depth of field for a deeper feel of space and motion. This tool will make your work stand out!
Build complex designs of 2D images in 3D space with this powerful and yet easy-to-use particle-based filter.
- 32-Bit Float Support
- 32-bit Float Support is included as part of BCC's GPU implementation and it is equally supported with ATI and NVIDIA graphics cards - with no loss of performance.
- 3D Objects
- Art Looks
Spray Paint Noise
- Blur and Sharpen
- Color and Tone
3 Way Color Grade
Brightness and Contrast
Correct Selected Color
Videoscope - new to v8
- Film Style
Film Glow - new to v8
- Image Restoration
Dust and Scratches
Flicker Fixer - new to v8
- Keys and Blend
Linear Color Key
Linear Luma Key
Make Alpha Key
Lens Flare 3D - new to v8
Rays Puffy Light
Rays Radiant Edges
Rays Radiant Spotlight
Stage Light - new to v8
- Match Move
Fire and Smoke
Organic Strands - new to v8
Particle Array 3D
Particle Emitter 3D - new to v8
Pin Art 3D
Wild Cards - new to v8
3D Extruded Image Shatter
3D Image Shatter
Pan and Zoom
Z Space I
Z Space II
Z Space III
Alpha Pixel Noise
Glow Alpha Edges
RGB Pixel Noise
Noise Map 2
Multi Stretch Wipe
Multi Stripe Wipe
Lens Flare Advanced