The Boris FX Final Effects Complete 6 AVX Academic Edition for Windows is the full version of Final Effects considerably discounted for accredited elementary-school through higher-education students and teachers.
Final Effects AVX is a collection of over 110 simple-to-use designer effects and transitions filters for Avid Media Composer 6, Symphony 6, and NewsCutter 10. You get 3D particle effects, unique auto-animating transitions, and distinctive edge treatments for your titles. All deliver organic looks and work by simple adjustments.
Final Effects borrows many features/technologies from Boris Continuum Complete and is the perfect companion to Continuum Complete.
Key Features for Avid Users
- Auto-animating transitions including Blur Dissolve, Glass Wipe, and Light Wipe
- 2D and 3D particle effects such as Mr Mercury, Hair, and Bubbles
- Text and edge treatments including Wiggle Edges, Burn Edges, and Sparkle Edges
- Stylized looks such as Vector Blur, Glass, Kaleida, and 3D Relief
- A large number of distortion and perspective filters
- A score of utility filters such as simple, true gradient blurs and a color gradient generator
Features New to Version 6
- Support for 64-bit Avid Editing and Finishing Systems: Final Effects Complete 6 AVX supports Avid Media Composer 6, Symphony 6, and NewsCutter 10.
- Beat Reactor Technology: lets editors sample specific bands of audio from a clip and use the sampled audio levels to drive FEC effect parameters. This new technology makes it easier to generate audio-driven effects such as a pulsing light or an image wipe that follows along with the beat of an audio track.
- Compare Mode: added to many FEC 6 AVX filters, Compare Mode enables editors to compare the filtered result with the unfiltered source via either a side-by-side view or a live split-screen view. In the side-by-side view, users can view the unfiltered and filtered image result as changes are made to the image. In the split-screen view, users can drag the wipe bar anywhere across the image to compare the filtered result with the unfiltered source at any zoom level. Additionally, Compare Mode offers the unique ability to view the filtered result with a live filtered layer in the timeline.
- On-Screen Overlay Widgets: allow editors to make precise parameter adjustments while keeping their eyes focused on the source image.
- New Transitions: include Super Dissolve, RGB Dissolve, and Rectangular Scale Wipe.
- Significant Performance Gains: every FEC 6 AVX filter has been optimized for improved rendering speed on modern computing platforms.
Previously Existing Features
- 16 bit color processing
- RT filters
- Advanced keyframing
- Multi-threaded rendering
- EZ Parameter mode: view most commonly used parameters at a glance
- Edited and Modified Parameter view
- Custom Spline UI
- Preset Load and Save
- Motion Tracker for most commonly used point controls
- PixelChooser matting and masking system
- Integrated Help system
- Apply to Title Matte function
- Lens Wipe Transition: the incoming image Zooms in with a lens effect -- the lens then undistorts to complete the transition.
- Spherize Wipe Transition: the incoming image Zooms in with a Spherize effect -- the Spherize then undistorts to complete the transition.
- Griddler Wipe Transition: the incoming image Zooms in with a Griddler effect -- the Spherize then undistorts to complete the transition.
- Pin Wipe Transition: the incoming image Zooms in with it's 4 corners pinned to user chosen points (as in Power Pin Effect). The 4 corners then move to the corners of the image, completing the transition.
- Slant Wipe Transition: the incoming image Pans in with a Slant effect -- the Slant then undistorts to complete the transition.
- Rain Wipe Transition: the incoming image is wiped in matted with synthetic rain, which becomes dense enough to cover the whole image, completing the effect.
- Blur Dissolve: the incoming and outgoing images are blurred, with the blur automatically animating to 0 at the end of the effect when the image becomes fully visible, completing the effect. Apply modes can be used with the blurs to create glow and other unusual effects. Apply modes can be applied to the dissolve phase to boost contrast in the middle of the effect. This feature can be used very effectively without the blur to create an enhanced dissolve.
- Reversible Wipes / Hold and Ease Controls: the first 6 of the above 7 Wipes are reversible, in which case the wipe is applied to the outgoing image which is composited over an unmodified incoming image. All 7 transitions have hold and ease controls at the start of the effect and additional transition specific controls to allow the user to control effect timing without keyframes.
Full Filter List
- Blur and Sharpen
- Color Correction
Color Balance (HSL)
Color Balance (RGB)
Gamma Pedestal Gain
EZ Lazy Waves
Simple Wire Removal
Particle System II
Forced Motion Blur
Time Blend FX
Radial Scale Wipe
Rectangular Scale Wipe