The Samsung DV300F Digital Camera Kit (Black) is unique in its ambitions as it provides dual LCD monitors, including one on the front of the camera, for helping you perfectly compose self-portraits. This camera also features a 3.0" 460K-dot rear LCD for playback and review of your images and videos. The 16.0MP 1/2.3" CCD sensor allows for high quality imagery as well as 720p video at 30fps. The 5x optical zoom 25-125mm (35mm equivalent) lens provides you with a sufficient range of focal lengths for a variety of situations including the ability to focus as closely as 2" / 5cm in macro mode.
In addition to the front LCD serving as a screen for self-portrait compositions, it can also be used to display animations to help gain the attention of children during photo opportunities. Magic Frame and Funny Face are modes that add a playful element to your images, allowing you to add up to 12 backgrounds or creatively stretch and warp your subjects' faces. Built-in Wi-Fi connectability means you can easily upload your images directly from your camera to social networks or through email. You can also use Microsoft Skydrive as a cloud-based service to upload your images to for hosting and viewing purposes. The Wi-Fi functionality additionally allows you to link your smartphone to your camera for instant transferring of images as well as remote operation of your camera from your phone.
In addition to the DV300F, this bundle includes a case and a 4GB microSD card for storing images and video.
- Dual LCDs
- In addition to the more standard 3.0" 460K-dot rear LCD, a 1.5" 60K-dot front-facing LCD is incorporated into the design, helping you compose self-portraits. This screen allows you to preview your shots in real time when shooting at arm's length.
- 16.0MP 1/2.3" CCD Sensor and 5x Optical Zoom
- The 16 megapixel CCD sensor provides outstanding detail and color rendition that is further aided by a 25-125mm (35mm equivalent) lens that can focus as closely as 2" / 5cm in macro mode. The sensor also contributes to the camera's ability to capture rich HD 720/30p video with clip lengths up to 20 minutes.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity and Smartphone Link
- With built-in Wi-Fi abilities, you are able to instantly email or send your images to social networks when connected to a Wi-Fi hotspot. You can also wirelessly backup your images to a cloud service, such as Microsoft Skydrive. Instant local transferring of images is also possible to your smartphone or tablet using Smartphone Link. Furthermore, you can even control your camera remotely and compose shots with a remote viewfinder on your smartphone.
- Creative and Fun Features
- Magic Frame provides you with 12 background templates to incorporate your photos into, adding a new context to your imagery.
- Funny Face allows you to stretch, warp, and bend your subject's faces into creatively distorted pictures.
- When working in Live Panorama mode you can easily create a seamless panoramic image by simply holding the shutter button and panning across your scene.
- Picture-in-Picture mode enables you to insert an image into another, simulating a multiple exposure or collage effect.
- Split Shot mode allows you to capture several different images and arrange them into a single file using preset layouts.
- Child mode utilizes the front-facing LCD and displays an animation to help focus the attention of children toward the lens when taking pictures or movies.
- In Motion Photo mode you can take a series of images then select a specific area in the series to be animated; leaving the rest of the frames still. This results in an animated GIF in which the subject is moving amongst a still background.
- For significantly altering the final appearance of your images, Artistic Brush mode takes your photos and converts them to look like Ink Paintings, Cartoons, or Sketches.