The Joemeek twinQ2 is a dual-mono preamp and channel strip that's equipped with a comprehensive set of useful features. An updated version of the original twinQ, it improves on its predecessor by providing increased headroom and level, and more flexible routing of line-level signals.
Joemeek designed the preamp section for low noise and sonic purity. For each channel you get an XLR mic input, a 1/4" balanced line input, and a front-panel 1/4" high-impedance instrument input. The mic inputs are routed through high-quality Cinemag transformers, which provide pleasing sonic coloration. By activating the IRON switch, you can route line-level sources through the transformers. A Preamp Gain control is provided for adjusting the amount of amplification. A switchable high-pass filter helps eliminate rumble, pops, and handling noise.
A 3-band "Meequalizer" EQ is available on each channel, offering sweepable low and mid bands, and a high band with a selectable center frequency of 6 or 12 kHz. Each channel is also equipped with a full-featured optical compressor that includes Compress (threshold), Slope (ratio), Attack, Release, and Makeup Gain controls. Activating the Comp Link button couples the two channel's Compress, Attack, and Release controls, which helps prevent image shifts when inputting stereo signals. Large and accurate VU meters can be set to display output level, preamp level, or gain reduction.
The twinQ2 offers a range of output options: Each channel has XLR and 1/4" analog outputs, as well as AES/EBU, S/PDIF, and optical digital outputs. A Wordclock input on a BNC connector allows synchronization with an external clock source.
- Ultra-clean microphone preamps, designed for high-quality, low-noise performance, and equipped with high-end Cinemag transformers
- IRON switch selects transformer coupling of the Line inputs.
- Full-featured optical compressor with Comp Link for stereo applications
- Large, accurate VU meters; switchable between output level, preamp level, and gain reduction
- 24-Bit/96 kHz analog-to-digital converters feed the AES/EBU, S/PDIF, and Optical digital outputs, allowing connection with external digital gear
- Balanced and unbalanced I/O allow for proper connection with any system
- Front-panel instrument inputs let you plug in high-impedance sources like guitars and basses
- Highly musical 3-Band EQ includes sweepable low and mid frequencies, and selectable high frequencies (6 and 12kHz)