The Joemeek oneQ2 Master Studio Channel is a mic preamp and channel strip that contains a suite of professional studio tools in a single, 2U chasis. An updated version of the orignal oneQ, it offers improved audio specifications, routing options, and metering.
Front- and rear-panel XLR mic inputs make session setup easy. Other input options include a front-panel instrument input, and a rear-panel line input. The transformer-coupled preamp is equipped with a high-end Cinemag transformer. Adjust the amount of amplification with the Preamp Gain control, and eliminate rumble, pops, and handling noise with a switchable high-pass filter. By activating the IRON switch, you can route line input through the transformer
The oneQ2 sports an optical compressor that includes Compress (threshold), Slope (ratio), Attack, Release, and Makeup Gain controls. The Comp Link button and it corresponding rear-panel jack make it possible to link up a second oneQ2 when recording stereo sources.
The 4-band "Meequalizer" EQ can be switched in or out of the signal chain. The low-frequency and high frequency are each switchable between two center frequencies, and the low-mid and high-mid bands have sweepable frequency ranges. The front-panel Post EQ switch moves the compressor from before the EQ in the signal chain to after.
The Enhancer section is designed to add clarity but not extra gain to the input signal. Controls include Effect, which sets amount of the Enhancer; Range, for setting the frequency above which the effect is applied; and Q, which adds a resonant peak at the Range frequency.
Turn on the De-Esser effect to reduce sibalence in vocals. It lets you adjust the gain-reduction frequency; listen to the output of the sidechain filter, and adjust the threshold above which reduction is applied. A large and accurate VU meter can be set to display output level, preamp level, or gain reduction.
The oneQ2's outputs include XLR and 1/4" analog line outs, as well as AES/EBU, S/PDIF, and optical digital outputs. Wordclock input and output jacks on BNC connectors allow for synchronization with external clock sources or devices.
- Ultra-clean microphone preamps, designed for high-quality, low-noise performance, and equipped with high-end Cinemag transformers
- Highly musical 4-Band EQ includes sweepable low-mid and high-mid frequencies, and selectable low and high frequencies (80 or 120 Hz, and 6 and 12kHz, respectively)
- Full-featured optical compressor with Comp Link for stereo applications
- De-Esser with Listen function for quick, precise elimination of sibilance
- Large, accurate VU meter; switchable between output level, preamp level, and gain reduction
- IRON switch routes the line input through the transformer.
- Front-panel instrument input to use as a DI during sessions
- XLR inputs on the front and rear panels for easy session setup
- Harmonic Enhancer adds definition without increasing gain
- 24-Bit/96 kHz analog-to-digital converters with AES/EBU, S/PDIF, optical, and Wordclock
- Channel 2 Analog Input allows an external balanced analog audio signal to be fed to (the otherwise unused) digital channel 2.