With Digital Filmmaking for Beginners: A Practical Guide to Video Production published by McGraw-Hill, you'll learn how to create professional-quality digital videos. Whether you're an amateur film buff or an aspiring professional videographer, this is the source for everything you need to bring your ideas from the page to the screen.
Written by a seasoned pro with 40 years of teaching experience, "Digital Filmmaking for Beginners" is your fully illustrated introduction to all technical aspects of digital filmmaking, from planning and scripting to postproduction effects and other finishing touches, and everything in between.
- Best practices to ensure smooth operations in all project phases, from planning to post production.
- Recommendations on selecting and purchasing cameras, filming gear, and the best editing and effects software to fit your budget and needs.
- Advice on planning, shooting, editing, and other technical elements.
- Fully illustrated tutorials on composition, framing, and other visual storytelling techniques.
- Exclusive bonus online content, including finished video demonstrations of key filmmaking techniques and informative articles.
- Table of contents
Chapter 1. Film and Video: History and Technical Aspects
Chapter 2. The Camera
Chapter 3. Picture Composition
Chapter 4. Lenses, Light, and 'Lectricity
Chapter 5. Production Audio
Chapter 6. The Three Stages of Production
Chapter 7. Pre-Production--The Planning Stage
Chapter 8. Production
Chapter 9. Post-production
Chapter 10. That's a Wrap!