The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H90 Digital Camera Kit (Black) is a compact point and shoot featuring an outstanding 16x optical zoom as well as a high resolution 16.1MP resolution. The Super HAD CCD sensor is capable of recording rich details while providing great clarity and contrast. This sensor is powered by a BIONZ image processor, providing speed and low light performance. In addition to the long 16x optical zoom, there is 64x digital zoom capability for tremendous long distance imaging possibilities. Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to assuage camera shake, especially prevalent when working at the longer focal lengths this camera provides.
In regard to perfecting exposures, this camera provides a wealth of technologies set to help you achieve the ideal image no matter the scene you're photographing in. Dynamic Range Optimizer determines regions of the image that are under or overexposed and helps to suppress the exposure values, resulting in a single image with a long range of tones. Intelligent Auto and Intelligent Scene Recognition modes automatically determine the scene in which you're photographing, and adjust the camera settings accordingly. When working with Smile Shutter, Anti-blink, and Face Detection, the camera adjusts the settings in a way that best reflects the nature of the type of portrait you are trying to make. These modes help determine the proper time, color, and lighting for exposing, resulting in pleasing portraits with minimal guesswork. Similar in approach, Natural Flash and Soft Skin modes are concerned with the color and appearance of subjects and employ a system of white balance alterations and softening techniques to provide you with blemish and wrinkle-free, naturally-rendered images. And in regard to landscape imagery, the H90 enables you to create up to 360° panoramic images in-camera. By simply pressing and holding the shutter button, you can pan across the scene and the camera will automatically stitch together the 2images into a single wide-format file.
In addition to the camera, this bundle also comes with a camera case and 4GB SDHC memory card for storing images and video.
- 16.1MP Super HAD CCD Image Sensor
- The 16.1 megapixel 1/2.3" CCD sensor is capable of recording rich details with a great deal of clarity and contrast. This sensor is powered by a BIONZ image processor, providing high speeds and low light sensitivity.
- 16x Optical Zoom
- Featuring 16x optical zoom, in addition to 64x digital zoom, you can easily bring distant subjects to close range. Ideal for outdoor and sports photography, this great amount of zoom still resides within a compact body.
- 720p HD Movies
- This camera is capable of recording 1280 x 720 HD videos at 30fps in the MP4 format. This combination provides beautifully detailed videos at a file size that is easy to work on your computer. It is ideal for posting videos online and sending to friends. Standard definition video recording at 480/30p is also supported.
- Dynamic Range Optimizer
- Dynamic Range Optimizer (DRO) helps to contain blocked-up shadows and blown highlights using a complex algorithm to suppress the range of exposure values within a single image. This technology is especially useful when photographing in backlit situations or any scene containing a great deal of contrast between separate areas of the image. When working in the Plus mode with DRO, even finer image tuning occurs due to analysis of individual regions of each image.
- Intelligent Auto Mode and Intelligent Scene Recognition Mode
- Intelligent Auto mode (iAuto) automatically recognizes the scene in which you're photographing in and adjusts the camera settings accordingly. When working in iAuto, the camera analyzes lighting conditions, scenes, and subject's faces and utilizes a series of algorithms to determine exposure and focus settings for clear, well-rendered images. Intelligent Scene Recognition mode (iSCN) functions similarly and makes use of 33 pre-determined scene types and automatically chooses the camera settings depending on the scene type. This mode works in 2 levels: Auto and Advanced. In Auto mode the camera makes use of its' determinates and creates a single image. In Advanced mode the camera will make the same image as Auto mode plus an additional image using slightly different settings. This is ideal when working in difficult lighting situations and provides you with more options to depict the lighting as you see fit.
- Smile Shutter, Anti-Blink, and Face Detection
- Smile Shutter technology and the Anti-blink function help you to create the best portraits possible by staggering the time of exposure to capture the most pleasing expressions. When working with Smile Shutter, you simply press the shutter button and the camera will make the exposure once a smile is recognized; leaving the guess work out of when to release the shutter. Anti-blink automatically captures two exposures in rapid succession and provides you with a single image without blinking. And when working in other shooting modes, a warning will be displayed when a blink is detected, providing you with the option to retake the photograph. Face Detection works in conjunction with these modes as well and automatically recognizes and optimizes exposure and focus settings for up to 8 individual faces within the image frame.
- Sweep Panorama Mode
- Sweep Panorama allows you to make wide, up to 360° seamless panoramic images in-camera. When in this mode, you simply press and hold the shutter button while panning across as much of the scene as desired. The camera then automatically stitches together the images into a single wide-format image.
- Natural Flash and Soft Skin Mode
- These modes take into account the color and rendition of subject matter and automatically alter the white balance to provide vivid, accurate results. Natural Flash takes into account the coloring of the in-camera flash and matches the color balance of the subject and background to feel like a more naturally exposed image. Soft Skin mode helps to soften blemishes and wrinkles while adding vibrancy to skin tones, producing the best looking portraiture possible.
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- This optical image stabilization mode utilizes a built-in gyro sensor to recognize and counter camera shake by slightly shifting the lens. This helps to prevent general image blur that is especially prevalent when photographing at longer zoom lengths.