The TL-ER5120 Gigabit Load Balance Broadband Router from TP-Link covers all of your networking needs for small to medium sized enterprises. This load balancing router has the ability to distribute workloads across multiple computers or a computer cluster, network links, central processing units, disk drives, or other resources, to achieve optimal resource utilization helping to avoid overload. You can also take advantage of access controls, giving you complete control over virtually every aspect of the router.
The integrated DMZ port adds an additional layer of security to your local area network, ensuring an external attacker only has access to equipment in the DMZ, rather than any other part of the network. The TL-ER5120 also comes equipped with 3 free changeable WAN/LAN ports, providing more versatility than other routers as you can now configure the ports to your specific needs. The single WAN port gives you the necessary port to receive your data connection while the console port provides backdoor root access to the base level of the router.
The TL-ER5120 router benefits from a variety of security functions such as application controls, attack defense, the integrated DMZ port, and a variety of filtering options. Some of the integrated application controls include IM, P2P, Web IM, Web SNS, Web Media, Protocol, and Proxy Blocking. Attack defense features include TCP/UDP/ICMP flood defense, block TCP scan, and block ping from WAN. Filtering security features include MAC filtering, URL/Keywords filtering, and web content filtering. Each of these security features covers nearly every aspect of your router, ensuring you have complete control of nearly every function of the router.
- Power Packed Router
- The TL-ER5120 Gigabit Load Balance Broadband Router possesses excellent data processing capabilities and multiple powerful functions including load balance, access control, IM/P2P blocking, DoS defense, bandwidth control, session limit and PPPoE server, which meet the needs of small and medium enterprises with large volumes of users demanding an efficient and easy-to-manage network with high security.
- Abundant Security Features
- The TL-ER5120 comes equipped with automatic protection to detect and block denial of service attacks such as TCP/UDP/ICMP flooding, TCP scanning, ping of death and other related threats. This router also offers a DMZ port allowing network administrators to setup public servers without exposing their internal network, helping to avoid attacks from external threats. For better management of the internal network, the TL-ER5120 allows administrators to set rules to block specific web sites and IMP/P@P applications with just one click, and restrict staff to use specific services such as FTP, HTTP, and SMTP.
- Efficient Access Management
- By setting a PPPoE Server to allocate PPPoE accounts to private network users, the router only allows users with legal accounts that have passed authentication to access the Internet. Cooperating with IP-based Bandwidth Control, it is capable of confining bandwidth usage of certain PPPoE accounts. Moreover, the E-Bulletin function is able to release a bulletin in the form of webpage to certain user groups periodically, which notifies the users about the expiration date of the PPPoE account. With the above features, the router will prioritize different users in surfer jurisdictions for more efficient management.
- Optimizing Bandwidth Usage
- The TL-ER5120 features three freely interchangeable ports that can be set to either LAN or WAN, allowing the router to support up to four WAN ports to satisfy various Internet access requirements through one device. The intelligent load balancing function can distribute data streams according to the bandwidth proportion of every WAN port to raise the utilization rate of multi-line broadband. With IP-based bandwidth control and session limit functions, network administrators can flexibly manage network bandwidth to optimize bandwidth usage.
- Safety Minded Enterprise Investments
- Professional lightning protection technology is designed to prevent electrical surges from penetrating the interior of the device, to be discharged harmlessly into the Earth. This router is designed to prevent lightning damage of up to 4Kv in the well-grounded connection conditions. This feature ensures that networking infrastructure investments remain as safe as possible from one of Mother Nature's more violent elements.