For mobile photographers, Apple's iPad can be a very useful tool. It has several advantages over laptop computers including its lightweight form, large screen, third party apps, and online access for completing and sharing your work. With The iPad for Photographers: Master the Newest Tool in Your Camera Bag by Jess Carlson, you can learn how to use the functions of your iPad to your advantage when capturing and enhancing your images and videos. Whether you're an amateur or seasoned professional, you'll benefit from step-by-step instructions and real-world advice that you can go out into the field and use right away. Topics include importing and copying photos from memory cards, editing photos and video clips, and much more.
Carlson also shares new ways to use your iPad like triggering the camera shutter remotely or storing a PDF of your camera manual so you can reference it whenever you have your iPad with you. Also included is a bonus online chapter with additional coverage for the new iPad, including iPhoto and Photoshop Touch apps. All in all, this book is a great way to learn about all the functions of your iPad so that you can use it to get better results and streamline your workflow.
Step-by-Step Instructions & Real-World Advice:
- Importing and copying photos from memory cards using the iPad Camera Connection Kit, then uploading and backing up to iCloud Photo Stream or Dropbox
- Organizing and rating images and assigning tags in the field, and integrating them later with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom on your computer
- Editing photos with Photogene, Snapseed, and other image adjustment tools
- Editing video clips in iMovie, creating slideshows, rough cuts, and more
- Using portfolio software to create and deliver impressive iPad presentations for prospective clients
Learn Other Clever Uses for Your iPad:
- Triggering the camera flash remotely
- Using the screen as a fill flash
- Calculating depth of field
- Tracking outdoor light conditions
- Storing camera manuals as PDFs for quick reference
About the Author
- Jeff Carlson is a columnist for the Seattle Times, a senior editor of the weekly electronic newsletter TidBITS, and a frequent contributor to publications such as Macworld and Photoshop Elements Techniques magazines. He is also the author of numerous books including two editions of The iPad Pocket Guide, The iMovie '11 Project Book, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Pocket Guide,and Canon PowerShot G12: From Snapshots to Great Shots