Endowed with a Texas Instruments OMAP 4 smart multi-core ARM CORTEX A9 processor that can reach speeds up to 1.5GHz, the lightning-fast Archos 250GB 80 G9 Turbo 8" WiFi Tablet with Android 4.0 is built to run smoothly while multi-tasking for work or play. It's also great for gaming, entertaining and surfing the web. Basically, the 80 G9 Turbo is designed for anyone who regularly runs several programs/applications simultaneously. For ease-of-use, Archos equipped the 80 G9 Turbo Tablet with the intuitive and user-friendly Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system, which offers both simple control and smart navigation. Plus, any tablet that runs an Android OS benefits from access to the ever-expanding list of apps available from the Android App Market. Whether you're a musician looking for a sound generator application or a young professional in need of a mobile banking app, the Android App Market has everything you need to simplify your daily routine. It even offers hundreds of games and entertainment apps right at your fingertips.
To ensure maximum flexibility, the tablet's generous 250GB internal hard drive memory is expandable thanks to the microSD (SDHC compatible) memory card slot. This way, you'll be able to comfortably store all your favorite music, videos, family photos, business documents, eBooks, local newspapers, daily podcasts, weekly magazines, movies and more. Plus, in order to maximize your viewing and browsing pleasure, the 80 G9 Turbo features a stunning, high-definition 8" capacitive TFT LCD color multi-touch screen display with 1024 x 768 resolution. For connecting to the Internet, the 80 G9 Turbo has built-in wireless 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, which gives you access to your favorite websites in full-page browsing format from any WiFi hot-spot or from your home wireless network. The tablet also affords wireless connection of peripheral devices with its built-in Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR capability.
Whether you're a social butterfly or dedicated worker-bee, the mini HDMI output and microSD (SDHC compatible) memory card slot will definitely come in handy. The HDMI output lets you connect the tablet to a compatible HDTV and enjoy the tablet's content in high-definition on a big screen. This way you can share your HD home movies, stored video or streaming Internet content with friends and family on a large HDTV screen. In fact, the 80 G9 Turbo supports Full HD 1080p video playback at 30 frames per second. The inclusion of a microSD (SDHC compatible) memory card slot is perfect for work and play as well. The card slot allows you to expand the integrated 250GB HDD storage capacity by storing media files and text documents on a microSD or microSDHC card (cards sold separately).
The 80 G9 Turbo is also capable of delivering several hours of fun and entertainment. You can store and play various types of media formats including text, audio, video, photo and subtitle files. Plus, you can use the Android App Market to download any apps you may need for work, play or both. In a matter of minutes, you can check the newspapers, download a game, buy some clothes, check the weather, and even communicate with friends and family via social networks or by using the 720p HD front-facing webcam. You can even configure several different email accounts using the pre-installed Email App, which can deliver email notifications on the tablet home screen. The battery inside the tablet is a powerful lithium-polymer rechargeable battery that supports up to 36 hours of music playback, seven hours of video playback, and up to 10 hours of Internet navigation time. The powerful smart multi-core processor also allows you to play the latest in 3D games available from the Android App Market. It's rare to find a tablet that is built just as much for business as it is for pleasure; the 80 G9 Turbo from Archos is surely one of the exceptions - as it's ideal for both work and play.
- Powerful Multi-Core Processor
- The 80 G9 Turbo tablet includes a powerful Texas Instruments OMAP 4 smart multi-core processor capable of speeds up to 1.5 GHz. All this power means that you'll be able to surf the web and multitask faster, as well as play the super-common H.264 high profile codec for full HD 1080p videos at over 30fps
- 3G Ready
- Because you shouldn't be forced to choose between a 3G and a WiFi tablet, Archos have developed the G9 3G stick; a standard USB 3G stick that accepts any Sim card that works on any PC as well as on your 80 G9 Turbo tablet
- 250GB Hard Drive Storage
- To give you more space for your media and apps the 80 G9 Turbo features a 250GB hard drive, as well as a microSD (SDHC compatible) memory card slot that supports memory expansion. Plus, since this model uses an intelligent caching system on the hard drive, your 250GB 80 G9 Turbo will feel as fast and responsive as a flash device - but gives you plenty of storage space to spare
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS
- The 80 G9 Turbo tablet features the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system. Specially designed and optimized for tablets, it gives you a full web experience for on-the-go web browsing, communication and applications. With Adobe Flash 11 support for the true web experience and the constantly growing number of apps available from the Android Market, as well as Google's suite of Mobile applications your tablet will be a truly versatile tool for your connected life
- Amazing Multimedia
- Because it's an Archos device, the 80 G9 Turbo comes with tailor made Video and Music apps bringing Full HD video, more codec support, jackets and meta-data for your videos, and those extra touches like full screen mirroring and streaming your media over your home WiFi network
- Extra Features
- Along with built-in GPS, the 80 G9 Turbo tablet also features integrated speakers, a G-sensor, compass, built-in kick stand and an integrated microphone
- Supported File Types
- Video Playback Mode: MPEG-4 HD (up to 1080p), MPEG-4 / ASP@L5 AVI (up to DVD resolution), H.264 HD - HP@L4.2 (up to 1080/30p / 1080/60i / 720/60p) With Optional Plug-In: Cinema - MPEG2 (up to DVD resolution MP/D1) With the above codecs, device can play video files: AVI, MP4, MOV, 3GP, MPG, PS, TS, VOB, MKV, FLV, RM, RMVB, ASF, WMV Audio Playback: MP3, WMA, WMA-Pro 5.1, WAV (PCM/ADPCM), AAC / AAC+ 5.13, OGG Vorbis, FLAC With Optional Software Plug-In: AC3 5.1 Photo Viewer: JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG Subtitle Formats Supported: .srt, .ssa, .smi, .sub