The B+W 49mm Hard Edge Graduated Neutral Density 701 MRC 0.3 Filter helps to darken specific areas of an image, such as bright skies, while allowing for a normal, unaffected exposure in the other regions of the image. The filter is densest at the edge and tapers to clear by the middle, with a hard-edged line of transition between the dense and clear areas. The design of this filter incorporates a rotating mount to allow for precise positioning of the gradation along the horizon line. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image and the density provides up to a 1-stop reduction in light from entering the lens.
To prevent internal ghosting and reflections while maximizing light transmission, each glass surface includes multiple layers of anti-reflection coating. This Multi-Resistant Coating (MRC) also offers greater protection to the filter substrate and helps it to stay clean for longer than with uncoated filters.
This B+W filter is constructed from optical glass for clarity and color fidelity. An F-Pro brass filter ring is provided for durability as well as jamming prevention.
- Darkens bright areas of an image, such as skies, while leaving the remainder of the frame unaffected.
- Provides up to a 1-stop reduction in light in selective areas.
- Multicoated to prevent internal ghosting and reflections while maximizing light transmission.
- Filter does not affect the overall coloration of the image.
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity.
- F-Pro brass filter ring helps to prevent jamming and provides additional strength.
- Rotating design allows for gradation positioning along the horizon line.
- 49mm front filter threads allow for use with other filters.
- Plastic filter case for storage and transport.