The B+W 77mm Clear MRC 007M Extra Wide Filter is a simple, clear filter designed for general protection for your lens. This optically clear filter does not affect the overall image quality while helping reduce dust, scratches, moisture, and other elements from damaging your lens.
The Multi-Resistant Coating (MRC) is both an anti-reflection coating as well as a protective surface. It helps to increase light transmission by reducing reflections, scattered light, and ghosting. Additionally, it offers greater protection to the filter substrate and stays cleaner for longer than uncoated filters.
B+W filters are constructed from high quality Schott glass for increased optical clarity and color fidelity. They feature a brass filter ring for durability as well as jamming prevention. The extra wide filters feature an oversized ring that is much larger than the male threads for attachment to the lens. This oversized ring permits the use of glass that is also larger and helps to prevent vignetting when using wide angle lenses. Lens hoods should not be used in conjunction with extra wide filters as vignetting may occur.
- Clear filter offers general protection for your lens against the elements.
- Multi-Resistant Coating offers both protection to the glass and helps to improve light transmission and image quality.
- Extra wide filter ring provides room for a larger glass substrate and reduces vignetting when used with wide angle lenses.
- Constructed from high quality Schott glass for optical clarity.
- Brass filter ring helps to prevent jamming and provides additional strength.