The Kingston 2GB DataTraveler 6000 is a USB 2.0 flash drive designed with security in mind. This drives relies on multiple security measures to secure your data. The DT6000 protects your important files by using AES-256 encryption and complying with FIPS 140-2 level 3 standards for military grade encryption. This drive also utilizes XTS-AES which is suited for sector-based media encryption on block-oriented storage devices like the DT6000. This drive has elliptic curve cryptography which uses security keys in the protection of your important data.
The DT6000 features titanium-coated stainless steel casing to protect against drops and a waterproof design to help protect against spills. The flash drive's USB 2.0 connection allows you to transfer data at speeds up to 5MB/s and access data at speeds up to 11MB/s. The DT6000 also offers digitally signed firmware updates which help to keep the drive safe from unauthorized software access.
- Military Grade Encryption FIPS 140 Level 3
- Military Grade FIPS 140 validation is obtained by rigorous accredited laboratory testing. This certification means that the DT6000 offers military grade security for protecting your important data.
- 256-Bit AES Encryption
- The U.S. Government uses three levels of AES encryption - 128, 192, and 256. The DT6000 uses the highest level, AES 256-bit encryption to secure your drive's contents.
- Spyrus Security with Suite B On-Board
- The DT6000 features Spyrus security on-board. SPYRUS provides security technology for the U.S. Government, industries required to comply with security regulations, and everyday users who want protection for their sensitive information. With Spyrus security, the DT6000 supports commercial cryptographic algorithms, including all Suite B algorithms and legacy algorithms such as RSA and triple-DES.
- Password Lockout Protection
- Passwords can be set using as many as 128 characters. Users can set a minimum number of password characteristics to prevent unauthorized access. The drive locks down after 10 intrusion attempts and the encryption key is destroyed.
- Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC)
- Cryptography uses security keys to protect data and make it unreadable to unauthorized users. The DT6000 features Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) which further protects your data by offering greater key efficiency compared to standard public key cryptography.
- Secure Channel Communication
- Secure channel communication makes the transmission of secured data resistant to tampering or interference by using cryptography techniques.
- Digitally Signed Firmware Updates
- Firmware updates are signed so you can verify the source and validity of the update - further protecting your drive from unauthorized intrusions.