The 64 GB DataTraveler Vault - Privacy Managed USB 2.0 Flash Drive from Kingston Technology is an even easier way to protect your data when on the move. Kingston--having partnered with BlockMaster--provides a flash drive with not only a 256 bit AES hardware-based excryption, but a centrally managed system that alows users to more easily keep track of, and protect, their information.
The SafeConsole for Kingston server software (sold separately by BlockMaster) is accessed through a standard Web browser and can optionally reflect the corporate directory or organizational unit structure. Each managed DTVP-M securely connects over the Web to the SafeConsole for Kingston server for configuration updates set to its specific assigned group.
DataTraveler Vault Privacy is an ultra-secure, waterproof drive that protects 100 percent of your data with 256-bit AES hardware-based encryption and an enforced complex password. The drive comes in a durable, aluminum casing for even greater protection.
- Remote Password Reset
- If the chosen password is forgotten, a DTVP-M user together with a remote SafeConsole administrator can reset the password, using an eight-character recovery code, without losing any data.
- Password Policy
- Configure multiple complex password policies within SafeConsole and assign them to different groups within the organization. Password character content, length and number of attempts can all be configured within the SafeConsole management system.
- Device State Management
- If a DTVP-M drive is lost or stolen, it can be remotely disabled or reset to factory settings, wiping out all data and information.
- Solution designed to help protect the DTVP-M USB device from unwanted file types by allowing administrators to manage and filter drive content based on file extensions predefined in the SafeConsole Management System. Unlike an AV solution that requires constant updating of its virus definitions, FileRestrictor offers customization of drive content based on approved file types. Easily configured in SafeConsole, file extensions can be flagged for removal or white listed for approved usage.
- DTVP-M users are able to create zones of trust between themselves and their respective desktops, where DTVP-M automatically unlocks upon plug-in to an enterprise host computer using your Active Directory Credentials.
- Backup & Content Audit
- The SafeConsole provides continuous and incremental backup of the DTVP-M drive that does not affect users' everyday work. Lost or damaged drives can be re-created easily by sending its backup information and settings to a new DTVP-M drive.
- Device Audit and File Audit Trail
- All actions of the DTVP-M drive are logged and stored for audit purposes. This includes administrator actions and faulty attempts to unlock DTVP-M.
- Publisher (Content Distribution)
- Distribute and update files and portable applications securely to DTVP-M drives even when those drives are remote.