The AJA Ki Pro Quad 4K Solid State Recorder ingests raw footage from a camera, and performs up to all three of the following functions simultaneously: stores the footage to an SSD, transfers the footage to a RAID or Thunderbolt-enabled computer, and outputs the footage to up to two displays for monitoring.
Footage can be captured RAW and in 4K, Quad HD, 2K, and HD resolutions. Captured RAW, it can be transferred RAW to a RAID or computer. Color depth supported is 10-bit 4:4:4 and 10-bit 4:2:2. In cases of storing to an SSD, the Ki Pro Quad can record in 4K, 2K and HD ProRes formats, which are friendly to Final Cut, Premiere and Avid. Two SSD slots are available.
A diverse set of connections includes SDI, HDMI, balanced audio, Thunderbolt, and Ethernet. A 4-pin XLR port is also available on the bottom of the device. For monitoring, a 4K display and an HD display can be connected by dedicated SDI and HDMI monitor connectors.
The Ki Pro Quad also usefully features a playback-capable display monitor that would allow you to see what you're recording.
- Multi-Function Solid State Recorder
- Captures, records and outputs 4K, Quad HD, 2K, and HD
- Supports 10-bit 4:4:4 and 10-bit 4:2:2 / Can capture and transfer RAW
- Records to edit-friendly 4K, 2K, or HD ProRes files on removable SSD media
- Features SDI, HDMI, Thunderbolt, XLR, Ethernet and balanced audio connections
- Real-time transfer of RAW to a RAID or Thunderbolt-enabled computer
- Uncompressed and debayered output to 2 displays by dedicated SDI / HDMI connectors
- Debayer Processing
- Performs debayer processing of RAW (RAW can further be manipulated by software tools)
- Debayered image is used for 4K monitoring, scaled/cropped HD monitoring, and on-board compressed storage to SSD media