The Ikan VK5 5.6" HDMI LCD Monitor mounts a camera by an included shoe-mount adapter and connects by HDMI. The remaining connections are composite and component inputs on BNC. The monitor accepts optional DV battery plates and has 100mm VESA mount screw holes for optional professional Gold and V-mount plates. The choice of DV plates is between Sony L-series AC107-S, Sony BP-U-series AC107-SU, Canon 900-series AC107-C, and Panasonic D54-series AC107-P. An AC power adapter also comes included.
The monitor has a 1024 x 600 resolution and a 350:1 contrast ratio. The front panel boasts a set of 7 buttons. Many useful features including; DSLR scaling, image mirror / flip, false color, under and over exposure warnings, clip guides, movable pixel-to-pixel and RGB adjust.
The monitor has a brightness of 220 nit and weighs under a pound.
- The VK5 is equipped with Monochrome Peaking features which highlight the desired focus area in a bright, red outline. The operator adjusts the focus control until the red indicator outlines on the desired area are razor sharp, indicating optimal focus. For the best results, be sure the subject is properly exposed.
- DSLR Scaling
- The DSLR scaling function allows users to extend their DSLR's HDMI video output to any of four options - Normal, 3:2, 16:9, or Full Screen.
- False Color
- The False Color feature utilizes a full spectrum of assigned color indicators, ensuring flawless shot exposure. As the camera iris is adjusted, the subject of the image will change color based on specific brightness values indicating optimal exposure.
- Adjustable Under Exposure & Over Exposure Warning
- As an additional tool associated with the VK5's False Color feature, ikan's exclusive Adjustable Under Exposure and Over Exposed Warning feature gives the operator full control of the VK5 False Color brightness values. By setting the preferred IRE exposure limits, the operator is warned when the image exposure is exceeding or falling under the preset IRE limit, providing customizable, full image exposure control.
- Clip Guides
- The VK5 offers adjustable upper Clip Guide levels to accurately display overexposed images in any shooting condition. The operator simply assigns the upper IRE to their preference and any exposure over the set IRE limit will flash in a vivid purple, indicating only the over exposed area.